Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale

Anyone out there have a preventive measure to greatly reduce and or eliminate scale? I grow 100% organic so no pesticides or chemicals please. Thank you for any and all input.

It's been my experience that once scale has set itself, it exudes a waxy coating that nothing can penetrate. They seem to like to set themselves in clusters on certain branches. Vigilance is key to keeping them under control. I found that scraping them off with the edge of my pruners s the only way to keep them in check. I grow outdoors and this year I'm going to use a mosquito net tent in an attempt to keep the moths and other pests at bay. I found a mosquito net tent online that I built a PVC frame for. Fingers crossed. Good luck

Comment

Howdy Scooter, I had an issue with scales on a grow several years back. The only thing that killed them off and kept them from returning was by adding 10 ml of Azamax to the reservoir for several changes (I grow in hydro). Neem oil is organic, it is extracted from a plant. If You are growing in a 'live' soil, then I would apply it by a foilar spray because by drenching the soil, it might harm all of the beneficial nematodes and bacteria in the soil. In the hydroponic system it is taken up by the plant, become systemic and gets the critters that are feeding on the plant, a spray might not have any effect on the scale bugs because of their outer shell (or cover).
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X