Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to consume cannabis while taking antibiotics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to consume cannabis while taking antibiotics?

Please put some light on this - Is it safe to consume cannabis while taking antibiotics. A friend of mine is suffering from the disease Atopic eczema.
    Doctor has prescribed him antibiotics which are helpful in disease management.

I have got responses that the cannabis and antibiotics relation will create havoc in the internal body system.

I am not a Dr. I have never had any known issue with smoking and antibiotics, IF I did the antibiotic would have to go.

Comment

I have just the opposite perception. If Cannabis results in more harm than good - It must go. I would seek additional resources, such as NORML's website, for links to the latest findings. The operative word here is "suffering". Since it is a nonfatal condition, he/she may have to decide whether to conduct their own controlled experiment. My sympathies!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

You did not specify which antibiotic, but in general there are no major contraindications. As always, this evaluation is dependent on specific individual circumstances.

This is a good question and an example of why the government's (USA) official position on cannabis is hindering healthcare decisions. The categorizing of cannabis in schedule I prohibits exploring these types of questions because using a schedule I substance is most often prohibited for use even in research. As an example, smoking tobacco can alter liver enzymes which can affect how drugs are metabolized. This effect can cause an altered response to a drug. Does this occur with smoking cannabis? Unknown as it has not been well researched in this country. One could look to other countries to see what their research shows, but the FDA does not usually recognize research done in other countries.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have two recent experiences with anitbiotics, in which both times i asked that question. both times the docs said it was ok. In fact last time the guy said it would help add to painkilling while taking hydromorphone. I cant say that it would be same for all anitbiotics, though - but for Doxyclycline Hyclate and Minoclycline HCL and one other, I was told it was fine. Cheers
          A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Please don't take medical advice off of the internet. Just ask your doctor.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              What if I ask my doctor over the internet?

Let us compromise Going2fast . Go get your medical cannabis card and ask that doctor. Zoom doctors will do.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X