Cheap LED light to start seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Cheap LED light to start seedlings

Hey y'all, looking for a cheap led light that will let me start my plants indoors, doesn't need to be anything big since they'll be there for a week or 2 max, after which they will be transferred outside. been looking at these led lamps that give me either 18 or 45 watts, full spectrum of light, timer and all that, question is, will that be enough? or should I look into something more powerful? cheers

50 w full spectrum is plenty. But depends on you total sq footage and how many plants. You might be starting a 100 plants...

Comment

I bought this for my kitchen-

The original fixture had 4 tubes in it. When I converted to these I had to remove 2 tubes, to bright. They are grow room bright, but the spectrum may be lacking. For a few weeks for seedlings I think they would work. Let us know if you try it.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post
        50 w full spectrum is plenty. But depends on you total sq footage and how many plants. You might be starting a 100 plants...
        lol you're right, nothing too special (sadly), i'll have 3-4 auto seedlings stashed in my closet till season start.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
          I bought this for my kitchen-

The original fixture had 4 tubes in it. When I converted to these I had to remove 2 tubes, to bright. They are grow room bright, but the spectrum may be lacking. For a few weeks for seedlings I think they would work. Let us know if you try it.
          thanks for the tip, I already got a lamp picked out tho, should do it hopefully
          Attached Files

Comment

I have some 50W pink FS cobs and some 65w multi led 1 sq foot panels. Two of the 65w did an excellent job for one plant each in a 3x3x5 tent through veg. One works until they get a foot tall or so. Depends how bushy they are. Just Aliexpress nonames.

For about three years I used 3-100 w cobs I rigged up on a heat sink. Cheap as can be at about $5 each.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post
              I have some 50W pink FS cobs and some 65w multi led 1 sq foot panels. Two of the 65w did an excellent job for one plant each in a 3x3x5 tent through veg. One works until they get a foot tall or so. Depends how bushy they are. Just Aliexpress nonames.

For about three years I used 3-100 w cobs I rigged up on a heat sink. Cheap as can be at about $5 each.
              alright that's amazing to hear, since the pic i sent was an aliexpress no name lamp.

Comment

Which of these is going to be better? Only doing a CPL seeds but are both of these capable of doing the same thing? Both say full spectrum I'm just trying to figure out which is best for the plants not necessarily the cost. Thanks for your help.... Anyone lol

Comment

Those are a crap tonne of light just for seedlings, you don’t need all that.
                  These are pretty well know for seedlings clones , I have three 24” LEDfor sprouts and micro greens. Work great.
                  SunBlaster LED Strip Lights are great for many applications. The Sleek design makes these Strip Lights ideal for most applications where you need high quality lighting for your indoor growing. Here's a simple easy solution for getting more growing space with a small footprint, and is portable if you need it to be. Take a standard bakers rack and out fit it with the following SunBlaster LED Strip Lights and accessories. Here's what you will need to build it. One Standard Bakers Rack 8 x SunBlaster 4' LED Strip Lights 4 x SunBlaster Strip Light Hangers 4 x 14" Link Cords 3 x 24" Link Cords 1 x 6' Power Cord with on/off switch 16 x Double or Quad Thick 1020 Trays 16 x 7" NanoDomes - vented There it is! You now have a Propagation Rack that is perfect for starting or growing sixteen 1020 trays or flats of your favorite product. You could be: starting from seed getting seedlings on their way getting cuttings or clones off to their very best starts growing microgreens from start to finish starting your outdoor plants and vegetables, ready for transplant when the weather is right! The opportunities are endless.

Comment

Kronic If you want cheap,get a half doz. cfl's. They are plenty for seedlings.

Comment

Hi Kronic ...I use an 18" t5 light that sits about 2" above my seedlings.
                      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X