Need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Need your opinions

So this time i tried using more organic mix and less liquid nutrients.

I'm planting 2 autoflowers so vegetative period was short. And I use all nutrients from CANNA SOIL, PH up and Down from biobizz.

I used a mix of "bat poop", epsons salts, dolomite lime, mycos fungi and trichoderma fungi from the beggining... So at start i noticed that they didn't like that mix because it was better for flower period and second beause my water is filtered and i was using for the first time epson salts and dolomite lime and I was putting just a low amount of nutrients (like 25 % from what is supposeed to give) and CAL MAG from CANNA and trying to see if it is sufcient or not.

After 3 weeks they were starting to like the mix and start looking really healthy and I tryed to put more amount of nutrienst and CAL MAG in water, because the symptoms look like potassium excess or Calcio and magnesium defciency.

After that they were very healthy no defciencies for 3 weeks. I have been way and they only received water (without nutrients )3 or 4 times.

2 Days ago when I arrived and one of the plants were healthy and good colour but the top part of the plant was starting to get droopy or curling down. So I gave them o good mix of water with 75 % of the nutrients that I supposed to give in chart. And put the maximus of CAl MAG because last times when this happens usually it was CAL MAG defciency.

Hours later of putting water the plant problem was solved, she was healthy and not droopy like it should be. I wake up today just to see the same problem again, top part is drooping down.

It isn't wind burn and not hot temperatures. Could it be CAL MAG defciency? Because no nutrients were given in 1 week? Overwater maybe ? Need some opinions please

Thank you

if you can post some photos it would be easier to help.
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

A picture would help. When you say the plant is drooping down, what does that mean? I'm growing autos in soil as well. One of my girls starts to droop after about 14-15 hours of light. But she's full of buds now and just about ready to harvest. She's had that behavior the whole way. Can you post a picture of your plant in natural light?
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : 1 Scarlet Grapes & 1 Scarlet Sunset
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Idle at the moment
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes good point , better growers know , newer ones learn. the plants will droop before bed after a long day of growing , and take a bit in the morning to perk up. Just like me. This is totally normal

• antoniobanderas420
        antoniobanderas420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Smallgrow - I'm still having the same problem.

I already saw some timelapses of different grows and I know what you are saying. In fast forward it looks like they are "breathing"

In your case, after 15 hours of light they get curl down or droopy like the photos bellow? Or It is just a bit?

I am trying to see all my possibilities and i'm having troubles to identify the problem.

Other possibilitie is the pot. I am trying for the first time 1 gallon pot It look's like overwarter but after 2 days now it looks underwater.

I'm asking this because I always do autoflowers start to finnish 18 hours of light and never had this problem before.

Thank you

Here you are! I think it is worse... I'm suspecting it is overwater ....
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I suggest this : pay close attention to when you water and be very consistent with when you do water. I water in the a.m. when my lights are on and i first look at the plants, i lift the pot feel it very light then i water. Those may be staying to wet and could start getting root issues, WPM from dampness in the dark. Otherwise your plants in my opinion don't need extra growth food, maybe some bloom later down the line something with more PK than N.

• antoniobanderas420
        Editing a comment
        Ok thank you. Yes I will try. I remeber now that i'm using vermiculita for the first time and I have very big "plates" ( don't know how do you call) under the pot, that could retain much more water then before. Need to have more attencion now.

And just to eliminate them, look for bugs as they to can cause leaf curl.

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
        Editing a comment
        I don't see any bugs. Thank you for the answer

I think that’s more than a end of day droop. A one gallon pot seems super small , I suppose it possible you can do that but I bet it is making watering much harder as there is less buffer in the grow medium. What type of pot? Clay, plastic, fabric? I agree with Rwise about removing the saucer. I use only a pot riser and a boot mat under that so plants never sit in water. The others above more experienced than I am, but maybe move it to a bigger pot makes sense?? It’s a bit late for a transplant but not impossible if your careful.
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the answer

Yes a bigger pot is a good ideia I think. It is fabric pot so I can cut it and not damge at all.

My problem Is that plants are always to big for my grow space, so I have been lowering the containner with time, trying smaller and smaller pots (always fabric)

Last time my pot size was 1.8 gallons and I think It could get smaller pot if watered more time. Maybe 1 gallon doesn' work.

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Smaller pot does generally mean smaller plant , i too am having height issues in my tent. I’ve stuck with the large 7g pot and I focusing on topping, LST, and a strong light placed close as possible. All these thing will help to keep the height down.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X