No neem for Canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No neem for Canadians

Ok so this is a question for my fellow 🇨🇦. Am I the only one in the country that didn’t know neem oil was illegal in Canada? I had no idea till I went to my local Calgary grow shop, same one I’ve been going to for years looking for it and they laughed at me!!!! Jerks! Please tell me I’m not alone lol.

But that grow shop is full of chemicals from China claimed to be made here in the good ol U S of A. Lol. Today I saw a bottle of captain jacks Neem when I read the label I laughed. It said 0.9% hydrophobic extracted Neem? And the rest 91.% proprietary which is just water. I bought Neem cake years ago and still have some a little bit goes a long way. Cheap compared to the watered down crap on those bottles being that it’s mostly water and plastic pretty labels. Sucks they don’t sell Neem there it’s magical lol. No really I mean it will slowly go to work on pest but the beneficials love it and bathe in it.

Comment

Is there any alleged logic for the ban?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

you are not alone. I too didnt know until only a few months ago. the local grow shop did recommend/have Karanja cake pellets. this seems to have pretty much the same properties when i looked online. It's in use in my current grow so i dont have any feedback yet.
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Apparently banned in 2012, basically because it would cost too much to submit all the tests and paperwork and bs to our government for approval.

Comment

Really glad I’m not the only one. I did find a good all natural pesticide that seems to have done the trick.

Comment

On the topic of where things come from. I happened to look where my California honey came from since it says it is California honey. The label says it was packaged in a place in Texas. I looked at the company website. They sell honey from many states.
              So, they buy honey, package it, then send it back where it came.
              I should be used to it. I live in freaking California. I can buy fruits and vegetables that were first shipped to another state, or Mexico, then brought back and sold as California grown. Deceptive advertising. I shan't be buying that honey, nor fruits and vegetables, again.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

And that’s why shit is so expensive lol.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No way. It's the cheapest real honey Walmart sells. Real honey being not 'honey syrup.'

Thought I would share a picture of my grow that sparked this topic. 2 pink kush 1 gorilla glue and 5 creme caramel and a lemon tree just for fun. Under a bloom plus4000 and 7 4’ Quick grow LEDs.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X