How Medical Marijuana Is Helpful in Treating Alcohol Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Medical Marijuana Is Helpful in Treating Alcohol Addiction

How Medical Marijuana Is Helpful in Treating Alcohol Addiction!

Put some light on the management of alcohol addiction ways.

During active addiction, during detox, or post detox?
    Any other mental health issues being treated?
    Previous issues with mental or physical addiction?
    Demography?
    Reasons?

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

During active addiction, I know cannabis treats many ailments and have faith that it can also treat alcohol addiction also, but are there any side effects of this therapy and what are the short term side effects of those and what could be the long term side effects!

Comment

Yes just like any mind altering drug you over do it you get sick and stupid. Educate yourself
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm going to lay down experience in recovery.
          You can't treat active alcoholism with weed. Alcohol causes a physical dependence that can only be alleviated through abstinence. There are two drugs that can cause death during detox: alcohol and benzos with no preexisting conditions. Not heroine. Not opioids. No powders or pills. You can die from those, if you have something else going on.
          Weed will not replace that physical craving. Weed will only fill your head, perhaps, and delay your next mental addiction. That is, not having beer during a football game or wine with dinner. Only getting alcohol out of your system will get rid of the physical.
          If you are trying to replace alcohol with weed, it means you are just trying to substitute one for another. That is where I'll say alcohol and weed are gateway drugs. If you don't get what you want out of one, you try something else. Then you are in a worse place than when you started.
          Confusion and frustration are the only things I can see from using weed to help quit drinking. Smoke a bowl and your body still wants booze. Inhibitions are lowered and you figure one drink will help. It only makes things worse.
          There are a couple best things you can do to yourself. The first is to have a support group, even one friend, who knows you want to quit. The other is to go to your doctor. There are drugs that can help you get rid of the alcohol cravings. It's not a lifetime course of treatment. Only a crutch to help you through.
          Don't make a decision about smoking weed until after you detox. The medical benefits people associate with weed will do nothing unless you believe it will. The only decision you need to make is what kind of sugar you're going to get hooked on to replace the sugars your body will crave.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Grow balls and quit drinking. I stopped cold turkey years ago. Have friends that go to AA meetings with sponsors and shit lol. They ask how did you doit? I said I told myself this shit is killing me little by little and the main thing the hangover is the worst shit ever and enough for me to say no. I do savor a beer and think of drinking one and how great a Bluemoon ice cold taste with a hit of OG Kush but then I remind myself of the hangover and I just smoke. Weed is one thing I won’t give up and I don’t care what anybody says lol

Comment

• RetiredGuy
              RetiredGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree 100%. I gave up drinking when I retired five years ago and should of done it much sooner. Not interested in giving up weed!

I have seen t shirts in Jamaican that say:

“God made weed, man made alcohol. Who do you trust?”

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              “God made weed, man made alcohol. Who do you trust?”

Have to disagree on that one. Ethanol is mainly a product of yeast metabolism. It happens in nature. Just like cannabis, humans have cultured it into a finer, more potent product.

Just want to throw it out there, and I guess to vent. A close friend of mine, more of a brother who I have known most of my life, is in end stage liver failure due to ethanol consumption. In 4 weeks he has gone from a reasonably happy 68 yo person coping with diabetes and recently parkinson's, to a living dead man. Short of a liver transplant, there is absolutely NOTHING that anyone can do for him. He has become a shell of his former person and it is tearing apart him and everyone who knows him. I can't say I'm an angel, and he and I used to hammer it down together like it was nothing. We had so much fun together and did so many things it is difficult to believe it has been so long a time since I first met him. We may not be totally in control of our destiny, but we do have the ability to make informed intelligent decisions that affect our own and other's lives. Many years ago I cut back my ethanol consumption to almost nothing, and recently have eliminated smoking. Do what you can to make your choices, keep your health together, love life, and live life. Peace.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Medical marijuana has shown promise in treating various conditions, including alcohol addiction.
              If you're still looking for more information on this, I have a suggestion. Have you checked out any scientific studies or medical journals? They often have in-depth information on the effectiveness of medical marijuana in treating addiction.
              Also, I recently found some inpatient drug rehab centers near me that might be useful for anyone looking for support with addiction issues. It's important to have access to resources that can provide the necessary help and support.​
              Last edited by Shamshoo; 04-09-2024, 06:27 AM.

Comment

If you have an alcohol dependency you need medically supervised treatment and a management plan. See your doctor and stick to the plan as best you can.
                Good luck!
                Edit. I am a recovering alcoholic and gave it up 10 years ago. Fortunately for me I hadn't developed a dependency on the stuff and just went cold turkey. It is without doubt one of the most insidious drugs I have ever known and I've seen it tear apart too many families and destroy too many great peoples lives, careers and relationships. And to top it off it will play tricks on your mind and most alcoholics blame everything but their drinking on things falling apart around them when the only problem is the alcohol.
                One drink was one too many for me and 10 drinks were never enough.
                Last edited by Bluey; 06-12-2023, 01:36 PM.
                Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

It's thought to help by reducing cravings and withdrawal symptoms, making it easier for people to quit or reduce their alcohol intake.

Comment

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What is your source for this information? That does not sound right to me at all. Alcohol dependence only has one road to recovery, it's complete elimination. Nothing else works that I know of.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X