LED soil grow going south

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! LED soil grow going south

Ok. I have been dealing with this brown burn progressing from the edges of leaves for a couple of runs now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	555427 ​​

The last one I ran to completion, but it was fluffy as hell, although not bad.

Its driving me nuts, honestly. I don´t even know where to start explaining all the crap I've been through with this run. I´ve had fungus gnats, spider mites. The last run was ridden with fungus gnats, and even though they seemed to be the culprit, this time I´ve only seen a couple and I´m having the same problem. Plus, I´ve had excellent runs where they would fly into my mouth.

Also notice this new pale discoloration that I´m having a week after transplanting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	555428
    The ones in the back are amnesia clones wich I have obliterated when treating for spider mites. Should I throw them out? They have been just as bad before. Believe me or not, I´ve been dragging this run along for two months plus, both the seeds and the clones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_151260.jpg Views:	4 Size:	367.8 KB ID:	555426

Temp right now is reading 84 F to 89 F on a thermohygrometer wich hangs half way from the lights and the plants. IR thermometer reads 80 to 83 on the top leaves (where there is something to aim at). I could go much lower, but the guy from the shop came over and said that it was "generally too cold in there" when it was reading 78 F so I have a piece of cardboard blocking the extraction. It also helps to keep humidity up around 55 %, maybe 65 % when I water. Honestly I must say that things seem to be going better and the climate does feel somewhat more jungle-y when I poke my head in there. I have only given them plain ol' water once since they dried out after the transplant a week ago. Running 24-0 I have raised the lights about six inches, but I don´t have high hopes. Ive had this issue with lights further up. Lets see how it goes. I´ll keep yall posted and appreciate any input (please help me).

Hopefuly we can make this a journal and I can redeem myself by getting you guys some sparkly pics.

In the meantime, heres a pictures from kinder times. I don´t wanna leave you with those raggety clones:

Click image for larger version  Name:	d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	555433

Attached Files
    Last edited by BLITZ; 01-31-2022, 06:19 PM.

A couple of years ago I had a friend who planted in soil he amended with steer manure and fried them. Looked a lot like these plants.

Comment

Wow what soil are you using? What is in the mix? Those temperatures are frying your plants. How far are the lights? If they been infested with pest you may make it to harvest but the quality may not be there. Fungus gnats thrive in over watered pots. Should have figured that out already. Mites well if you are not using any kind of IPM there is your reason. I keep seeing a lot of pest issues and no solution except spray this spray that lol. I always recommend Neem mixed in the soil and as a preventative.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X