Thanks to Ckbrew for the clever watering tool idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Ckbrew for the clever watering tool idea

I put together this tool for reaching into the rear of the grow tent to water plants, based on a chat with Ckbrew. It cost near nothing since I already had the 1 1/2" PVC laying around the house. It doesn't leak a drop, even though the joints are not cemented. That will allow me to shorten it later should I decide to do so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2655.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	554685
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	938.6 KB
ID:	554687
    Attached Files
    Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

I thought of the cap with holes in it. Tried it with out and never needed it.

More simple tips.

Show us some simple grow room gadgets that you have either made or found that make your grow room or outside grow a bit easier. Here is one: Click image for larger version Name: 2021-10-2-5A.jpg Views: 0 Size: 490.3 KB ID: 540240 (filedata/fetch?id=540240&d=1633182321) Water vacuum attachment for the shop vac. 2 x 5 gal
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• UberMensch
      UberMensch commented
      Editing a comment
      Ckbrew - I put the cap on because I felt it would diffuse the water flow helping the water absorb better into the grow medium. I tried it out today while the plants are outside the tent and I think it is going to work nicely. Thanks again.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to help

UberMensch and Ckbrew - If I would have seen this a few years ago when I first started to grow, I would have most definitely made one for my use. I have used several different methods of reaching the plants farthest to the back, including a long funnel from the auto parts store. Just prior to the current grow I did see a very helpful advise of using a small pump type sprayer, typically used for spraying bugs and weeds outdoors. I did remove the small misting tip as the watering process was just too slow, I now get a nice smooth stream of water from the 1/4" or so wand of the pump sprayer.

Comment

• UberMensch
      UberMensch commented
      Editing a comment
      iwanttoknow - I tried using my garden pump sprayer and ran into the same problem you mentioned. I didn't think about removing the tip! A sprayer would be the ideal way to go about it since you can control the water flow through the wand. Thanks for the info!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X