Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I watering too much?

Hi Everyone,

Now I a question about feeding my plants, here's my dilemma, I feed the plants every other day, they get too light if I wait more than that
    I feed them about 48 oz each feeding, BUT, I get anywhere from 8 - 12 oz runoff.
    I don't seem to have any evidence of over-watering, (drooping, curled leaves, etc.)
    So, should I cut back even more to get my runoff closer to 10-15%, or is it OK to have that much runoff.
    I've heard that too much runoff can be as bad as too little, flushing out the nutes, correct?

Thanks,
    GrumpyOldMan
    Here's what I've got:

4'x4'x80" Maxsisun tent
    2 - MF2000 Maxsisun 230w LED lights
    3 - 5 gal fabric containers -
    MotherEarth Coco bale 100% coco
    RapidRooter plugs
    390 CFM exhaust fan
    2 - 6" Fans
    1 - 12" Oscillating fan
    Fox Farm Nutrients - Hydroponic Food, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom
    Cal-Mag
    Current grow - Gelat.OG x 3

My last grow, once the plants were several weeks in veg, I was watering about 1 gal per time and getting about 20% runoff. This was in 5 gal pots with Happy Frog/ocean Forest/ Added Perlite. Your runoff seems high for the small amount of water up are adding.

In my case I need a lot of runoff to keep pH in check, the runoff pH dips below 6 quite often, even though I have been watering at pH 6.8.

I am not concerned with too much runoff as I add fresh nutes every other watering once in Flower.

How old are your plants and what’s your runoff PH?

Comment

Might you be rootbound?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

If you are giving nutrients in the feeding water, excessive run off will just be wasting nutes,but not a problem for the plants. I do ph water on tuesday and friday. If you use to much plain water you can wash out nutes. So long as they use up the liquid between feedings (lift the pot to feel the weight) you should be good.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Hi everyone,

First of all, RetiredGuy, my plants are about 74 days old, a little more than 3 weeks into flowering. As far as my runoff PH, I asked the question in the forum of what should my runoff PH be, and I never got a definitive answer, and that it wasn't necessary to monitor it unless I had a problem, so the short answer is that I don't know what the PH is, maybe you can enlighten me?

Gingerbeard, I'm growing in 5 gal fiber pots, I had read that would be big enough (?), if it IS rootbound, how can I tell, but moreover what can I do about it, it's obviously too late to transplant.
          I'm curious on what my options are, I had a house plant that got rootbound and wasn't doing well, but I had no idea...newby...

And Ckbrew, Of course I'm not going to wash out the nutes if I'm giving them on a frequent basis... should have figured that out on my own...
          I learned early on how heavy the pots should be, which is how I can to the conclusion that any more than 2 days between feeding was too long, they were WAY too light.

Thanks ya'll for the input
          GrumpyOldMan

Here's what I've got:

4'x4'x80" Maxsisun tent
          2 - MF2000 Maxsisun 230w LED lights
          3 - 5 gal fabric containers -
          MotherEarth Coco bale 100% coco
          RapidRooter plugs
          390 CFM exhaust fan
          2 - 6" Fans
          1 - 12" Oscillating fan
          Fox Farm Nutrients - Hydroponic Food, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom
          Cal-Mag
          Current grow - Gelat.OG x 3

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X