PPM and nturient feed for autoflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPM and nturient feed for autoflower

I have scoured GWE to find out how to use ppm correctly. Also, I have found buried in the writings that AF's need less nutriets, even about a 1/4 or less of the nutrients. Even when I put a 1/4, it gives my ppm very large numbers. The "experts" say always go with ppm first, then pH, however, I am finding that if I set the ppm first. The plants get minimal, I mean minimal nuutrients. Eventhough, I haven't read very muchin GWE the importance of ppm, I am wondering if pm is really that important. My plants look horrible, lack luster, and not growing substantially. What say you on the matter.

I use ppm for a benchmark when I mix my nutrients then later when the plant has drawn my reservoir down if the ppm is high I know I can add pH water and if it’s low I need to change the tote. Also explained why I was getting nutrient burn when the water would get low (my ppm was double or more). This link is the chart that will be referenced a lot when it comes to nutrients.

For many people, nutrients can be a pretty confusing topic. Not only are there tons of companies to wade through, but some companies have multiple nutrient lines, extra supplements, additives, etc. And once you’re through with that, you still have to figure out how much and how often to feed your plants. Luckily, many of the major nutrient lines out today will grow great cannabis. However, some can empty your wallet and leave you with much more work than is needed!

Comment

Hi, Vortex.
      Auto's can indeed be a bit finicky with feeding.
      I run a simple 3-part dry mix(Jacks 3-2-1) and it will usually end up with an ec around 1.5(750ppm-500 scale).
      When it comes to feeding, your eyes are the best instrument in your arsenal.
      What are the plants telling you?
      Then you can make appropriate adjustments.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X