Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about simulated sunrise and sunset for indoor growing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    LOL now that's some funny stuff LOL

• madman
    replied
    ...ohh dear madwoman is furious i'm in BIG trouble now
    i think madwoman is proud of me 'cause I provide
    but f*** i don't how that redheaded madwoman works
    after all those years she's still a mystery to me thankful though
    but why oh why the f*** is she checking up on me? i hate that!
    i want to show you guys my projects but what to do
    she won't like this i'm writing now this to will pass
    i'll have to talk seriously with her about posting images no harm in that
    sorry for deleting the pictures its not up for debate right now
    next project i'll be back hopefully

best regards
    madman

@SoOrbudgal
    thanks...

Leave a comment:

• madman
    commented on 's reply
    the trimmed buds on table is what Lady 1 gave to me...thankful...

• madman
    commented on 's reply
    thanks...she's not home yet...

• PRIMO
    replied
    madman Nice pics, Nice plants, You seem to be getting the hang of this growing stuff. Beware the madwoman.

Leave a comment:

• madman
    commented on 's reply
    I don't wanna reduce the amount of light. I thought the idea of imitating the sun cycle sounded nice.
    The new Inventronics driver has a 4 step dimmable feature that may improve my LED, other than that it sounds more like a sales ploy, Idk...
    I will keep my setup as it is for now. Maybe upgrade to a Spider Farmer SE-5000 LED in a near future.

• madman
    commented on 's reply
    Telos 10 Pro Slimline 287W
    Mammoth Elite 120x120x215
    Prima Klima PK125EC-TC inline duct fan
    CAN-Lite Carbon Filter 425m3 125mm
    2 18cm floor fans
    4 15cm monkey fans
    Humidifier
    Dehumidifier
    Canna Terra Professional Plus potting mix
    Canna nutritions

here's the thing about budpron...
    madwoman reigns the house
    madwoman is moderator, admin and what not
    madwoman is a fierce redhead
    madwoman will NOT allow me to post pictures
    so... wish me luck...

• GuitboxTom
    replied
    Well now SoOrbudgal, hold on I just wonder about pics of those underarms! At my age my underarms are sagging so I’m trying to get the picture. I’ve been told that I have arms like PopEye, so I’m just hoping for some buds the size of my for-arms. We do enjoy some good bud picsthough! But madman, excellent info. You’ve posted. Just wondering why you would want to effectively reduce the amount of light after an overwhelming success? What I mean to say is unless you can generate the light energy equivalent to the sun for your plants, I have to doubt that fading in and out would improve things for you. I do believe that Dr. Bugbee addressed this issue in one of his YouTube lectures.

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    I know, right?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Really " longer and fatter than my underarms" wow perhaps you could post a pic of those mammoth colas next time from your grow we like bud pics of a successful grow.

Leave a comment:

• madman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• madman
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh... don't know much about ppf or ppfd.
    My LED is 287 Watt and this:
    LIGHT OUTPUT PPF (umoles) 703
    Average PPFD (umol/m2/s) 315 @ 1 meter height coverage area 1.3m x 1.3m
    Think I'll pass the upgrade to new driver if it is of minimal improvement.
    What do you think?

Last project 4 Northern Lights Auto I got big, fat, sticky, smelly, dense and heavy buds!
    Overwhelming! I wasn't prepared for that amount! The weight of the buds was a surprise when I wet trimmed!
    2 colas was longer and fatter than my underarms, and mind you I am 6'11 and proportional!
    Was also surprised about the stature, 2 were short and compact and 2 were tall and lanky.
    The tall and lanky had those massive colas but the other two had lots of smaller yet big and dense buds.
    The one I named Lady 1 was ready first and my godness she smells fantastic!
    The harvest was almost to much... curing now and the fumes from the mason jars is mouthwatering!
    Feels like workout opening and closing those lids 2-3 times a day for 3 weeks!
    2 weeks to go and they'll be cured and ready, can't wait!
    Best grow so far! Had some issues with light and distances to canopy but with help from fellow GWE members it turned out well once I raised the lamp.

Best regards,
    madman

• GuitboxTom
    replied
    Hey there, madman ,seems to me that unless you are able to shed upwards of 3000 ppfd, gradual increase or reduction would only serve to reduce the DLI or daily light integral. To borrow from the knowledgable and experienced SoOrbudgal, strong light = strong buds.

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    replied
    Hi madman...I am also curious about sunrise/sunset for indoor plants. I read a short piece (and now can't find) that 'plants' in general do not need a protracted sunrise in order to wake up and be ready for photosynthesis. One of my lights has the Casambi light control system with a sunrise/sunset feature. It lasts just a few seconds both ways. Is it necessary? Idk because I have a tent with an LED light without that feature and the plants growing underneath it don't seem to mind.
    Last edited by golfnrl; 01-16-2022, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• What about simulated sunrise and sunset for indoor growing?

If I can control the precise PPF of the light output, as well as on/off scheduling and use a sunrise and sunset mode, would it be of any benefit for growing indoor autos?
    Qoute from Telos Lighting::
    "The sunrise and sunset mode which helps the plants to wake up and acclimatise slowly when the light period starts.
    When it’s time for the lights to switch off again the simulated sunset helps to smooth out the temperature change within the grow area,
    making it easier to maintain the correct environment for your plants."

Best regards,
    madman

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X