An Unwelcome Cold Harsh Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Unwelcome Cold Harsh Reality

Amidst shouts of "hang starramus!" I tentatively post this warning. In light of the many geriatric generation members of this forum fervently growing the "sacred weed' myself included I hope you take heed of this article. If you are finding yourself dazed, and confused as my wife has with multiple falls risking severe injury, and a protracted memory loss forgetting which way to turn off the gas range disbursing natural gas throughout the house best to read and learn. I have come to these uncomfortable conclusions on my own, but found this extremely illuminating article for your possibly life saving education. I rarely ingest my produce usually only to check potency. Maybe once a month or two will I set my chickens free, and I am more reality based with clear thinking, and have avoided crashing into furniture in a dangerous fall. You will in all likelihood not abstain to the extent that I have, but sincerely moderation is the best policy.

https://good-lifestyle.net/en/30005-...juana-after-50
    Last edited by starramus; 01-05-2022, 02:10 PM. Reason: fat fingers or fat head.

I'm kind of the #5 type of guy.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I am binding an accordingly appropriate Hemp noose as speak! Lol!

Just as a side point on the effects of aging, one of the numerous reasons why cognitive ability can reduce with age is strongly theorised with being linked to lack of new neurons being formed through learning - often by old age, the large majority of daily tasks will be performed by your brain's habitual controller which just references what worked before; it's very inflexible at accommodating new knowledge so you're rarely ever 'learning' and thus are not creating new neurons through learning either.

It is theorised that more actively engaging your brains episodic controller during older age, which is what is used when information is scarce or a situation new, creates far more new neurons through 'learning' - a simple example of achieving this is just doing a few daily tasks with your non- dominant hand - if you're right handed then brush your teeth with your left hand, stir drinks with your left hand, etc - anything that you have re-focus attention on doing as correctly with your left hand as you would unthinkingly with your right hand means new neurons are being created.
      Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-05-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

A cautionary tale for sure...thx for sharing.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

1. No stress here, the bills are paid, funds in the bank, food in the fridge, house is warm, nothing to stress about.
          2. What were we talking about?
          3. I took a lot more risk on the dirt bike than any other time in my life, I did slide the tractor off a 45* bank last year. (no longer worried it will roll over)
          4. I dont take big pharmas crap so nothing for this one.
          5. I aint falling yet!
          6. BTDT, lost over 100 lbs and never again will I be that fat!

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            #NeverAgain here too.

• Rik
            Rik commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow congratulations Rwise and BU2B on your huge weight loss! That’s quite a feat.

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          1. No stress here, the bills are paid, funds in the bank, food in the fridge, house is warm, nothing to stress about.
          2. What were we talking about?
          3. I took a lot more risk on the dirt bike than any other time in my life, I did slide the tractor off a 45* bank last year. (no longer worried it will roll over)
          4. I dont take big pharmas crap so nothing for this one.
          5. I aint falling yet!
          6. BTDT, lost over 100 lbs and never again will I be that fat!
          I lost 100 lbs a few years ago, 1/3 my weight. Best thing I ever did next to quitting cigs. I think about it every time I carry a 40 lb bag of salt or cat food. Been smoking for 50 years at least.

My biggest stress is VDP in my tests. 64F this morning for the high temp of the day in the tents.
          Last edited by 3Berries; 01-06-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            It's nice to look down and see your,,, toes. LOL

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise LoLoL!

LOL Tell that to Willie N
          1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
          1 sf2000 @200 watts
          2 philzon @230 watts
          2x4x5 tent
          3x6x8 closet
          Fox Farm ocean forest
          Black gold for seedling
          3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
          RH 40-60
          Temp 70-80
          Feeding with FF trio with molasses
          calmag and a little flower fuel
          Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

SAme fear mongers!!! If you believe that, you must also think reefer madness is a documentary full of truth.
            Last edited by desertdan; 01-06-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

All of these issues in the article are things that we face every day as we age except the drug interactions, don't have to be aged for that. Beware the AI. It will try and manipulate you and your beliefs.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Interesting but inconclusive.

After reading through some of this at the sources mentioned I think their conclusion says it all.

"Conclusion: The increased use of marijuana in older populations requires surveillance and additional research to understand the use and effects of marijuana in older populations to avoid negative health outcomes."

So what that says to me is the initial findings are far from being researched fully and no real conclusions can be reached.

Of course use caution as with any drug.

Comment

I just separate high times from "adulting" time and don't have those problems they listed.
                  Coconut Grove
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                  32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                  Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I was going to say I am #6 because I do reach for a bag of chips as often as not when munchies come on. However, my wife is a health nut and usually has some kale/quinoa/chickpea concoction or other on tap in the fridge and while not too terrible, you can definitely tasted the "health" in them. When I have a good buzz going, however, that stuff is *amazing.* I'm 50 something, tall, skinny and have low blood pressure so I don't buy the "marijuana causes poor diet" claim.
                    5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
                    2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
                    150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
                    Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
                    1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
                    2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Comment

• Puglover1
                      Puglover1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly. Marijuana creates inventors, we create new food concoctions. Usually more healthy concoctions than the chocolate cake we ate when we first started getting high.

what a crock of shit that article is.

Comment

OK, fear is the motivating influence today it seems. Shut your mouth, cover your face (image and likeness of God, I believe), take only drugs we allow...(forever). We will monitor you with bio surveillance, and you will comply. This is what fear requires NOW. However, the truth is as Franklin pointed out, that those who willingly give up their freedom for some temporary safety, do not deserve freedom nor safety and in the end will have neither. The medical establishment is getting its shitty underwear exposed right now! Through fear, they have falsely stated the risks of cannabis therapy, as well as other therapeutic treatments because they are controlled by the establishments own depopulation drug dealers big pharma! Everyone now says “stay safe” No I say, “STAY FREE”
                      Last edited by GuitboxTom; 01-07-2022, 01:51 PM.
                      New indoors grower.
                      super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
                      2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
                      2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
                      4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
                      Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X