The girls now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girls now

After the spider mite scare & some minor defoliation the girls are looking fairly good I think & quite close to being pulled although I’m not sure whether to let them go another week or 2. I’d appreciate your thoughts on this as I’m still very much a newbie here.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised how much more they will "chunk" up by waiting at least 2 weeks, probably longer.
    You didn't give enough info to make even a wild guess (strain,how long they've been flowering etc).
    You've got time to order a cheap jewelers loop so as to be able to see when the trichs signal the plant is done(cloudy-amber colored).
    All the best and good luck
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

GreenState Thank you….yeah sorry I had described what they were in my previous post & I didn’t want to waffle on too much. They’re 3 super skunk & 2 white widows, on week 6-7 of flower. I’ve only got a little sf1000 in a small tent but it’s done well so far for my first indoor grow. I was just unsure of when to harvest & yes I ordered a jewellers loop earlier today to see if that’ll help me to get it right. Cheers.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done grow Kezz18 where ever you learned to grow has done you well. You have earned your Green Thumb for understanding the needs of indoor growing of MJ.

You should still be scared about spider mites Kezz18 . Once you have them, they are very hard to get rid of. About all you can do is keep an eye out and mitigate what you see. SM's do not just make spots on leaves, they make webs on buds.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• DaGreenBlazer
        DaGreenBlazer commented
        Editing a comment
        Just as a side point on this useful advice, I'd also recommend to you Kezz18 it's a generally good idea once a grow is finished and before you start next one, to give whole inside of the tent (walls, floor, flaps, poles, intake holes & ceiling) a thorough wipe down & clean with a mild bleach or disinfectant, as this will help get rid of any insect eggs, mould spores, bacteria, etc. I also dust off & hoover across the exterior walls & roof and if tent is against a wall, pull it out and hoover & wipe the floor & wall space it sits in. I also wipe down any equipment and clean up the dusty fan blades too, as mine always end up coated in dirty dust. It's not a 100% guarantee to eliminate future problems but good cleanliness can usually prevent past problems being carried forward at least.
        Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-05-2022, 02:26 PM.

DaGreenBlazer SoOrbudgal Gingerbeard Many thanks for the great advice. I’m checking the girls daily as now I’m slightly paranoid about the mites returning. If I’m lucky enuff to get this grow tight thru then yeah the tent & room will get a full clean for sure. Cheers

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeeeeesss! Daily checks are real good.

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Comment

Not sure if I recommended this to you already but you can buy lavender flower or rosemary that is high in camphor. Camphor will explode the eggs and if you stop that the mites will die off. 1/4 cup of dry flower to 20oz soda bottle let is steep for 48 hrs then strain and spray your leafs. You want to spray the top and the bottom and when you are done the whole plant has to look like it’s dying completely drenched and damn near falling over but it’s normal the next day no issues. Oh and doit before the light go off like right before so that the light won’t burn the leafs. Droplets are like tiny glass magnifying on the leafs.. I do this as a preventive only during veg. I don’t spray anything during flower. That’s when I spend about 20 bucks on beneficial insects just in case but by flower the plants should be strong and ready to repel insects. Another thing to remember not all strains are susceptible to pest so do not grow that strain again. I’ve had pest in the past and I’ll have issues in one tent and not in the tent next to it. They will try but you can see which ones get hit harder and which ones kick ass.

Comment

Cali Cheers I’ll definitely keep that spray recipe for my next grow. I was going to get the predatory insects but as it was going to take them 10 days to get here due to low stocks & I’m almost finished this grow. Will get some for the next grow after I’ve done a clean.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X