Website info on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website info on forum

I would like to put forward a change to the GWE Forum home page that includes a highly visible link to the GWE home page. To get people to click the link, it will say, 'Click Here for Free, Feminized Seeds.' The link will show them how to make feminized seeds, on the GWE home page.

The only link I see is if I click on the three little grey bars at the upper left of my GWEF home page. Is there another I am missing? A lot of people are dropping in without having tried their own research. Those folks are getting ignored or bashed and I have recently found myself posting Monty Python clips to ease tension.

Before I approach S. Fourside about this, does anyone, anyone at all, have an opinion? Probably not.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

I hear what your saying Beard, but how do you make them read it? Maybe they have to complete a quiz on (How to grow cannabis in 10 easy steps?) before you can post on the forum? lol You can lead a horse to water...
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      There's so much free info outhere some just won't ever do their own work or show photos of how they solved the issues. Pictures of past grows what you used to succeed in the grows, share that info don't just post about links on what's new in the big pharma labs. Show folks what you got with all you learned. People complicate simplicity all talk and no proof of grows. You know who you are......blow viated speechers.

Deleted by user
    Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Their search program needs to have a better search engine.
      Last edited by LemonBud; 01-08-2022, 05:50 PM. Reason: Typo
      1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
      1 sf2000 @200 watts
      2 philzon @230 watts
      2x4x5 tent
      3x6x8 closet
      Fox Farm ocean forest
      Black gold for seedling
      3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
      RH 40-60
      Temp 70-80
      Feeding with FF trio with molasses
      calmag and a little flower fuel
      Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Really LemonBud ? A majority of folk here ARE retired! That doesn't mean we don't have a lot of valuable info to share. Suggestions for improving the website are always in order. Everyone would be better off if basic grow info were easily accessible from the get go then all can ask questions from a more informed base of knowledge.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

This is an interesting subject. I understand the idea, I think. It's frustrating to see the same questions over and over while at the same time requesting the same basic information from a pharmer that gives no details about their grow. Think back a moment to when you first started growing. For me when I stumbled across GWE I was elated. When I found the forum I didn't understand the process here. I think a lot of people don't. I was so excited to find this web site I started asking questions without knowing that experienced pharmers needed basic information about my grow to be able to answer any specific questions. I suspect there is a lot of that and the rest is just lack of commitment or laziness I guess. I read a lot of those redundant posts hoping that someone's expertise will enlighten me a little bit. I'm not experienced enough to help a lot but I am learning. So when I read the more experienced pharmers are frustrated perhaps its a matter of simply ignoring the redundancy and move on to the next post. I'm not opposed to a change in the rules I just think that any rule change wouldn't want to drive away people from this wonderful place. Me thinks if it gets too complicated to post people will quit coming here and that would be a shame. Just my .02.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            golfnrl i believe what we'd like to see is more folks who come in asking questions learn how to post simple setup info, a full pic or two of the plants and what they tried to remedy the issue. People will try and delete history and make up new ways to do the same thing we knew about 40yrs ago and say " New and Better " I like the idea of a simple link for those that have a struggle looking for info tutrorials. Anything we old timers learned we did it by trial an error lots of mistakes, repetitive grows till we found what works for us. I'm not seeing much effort nor PICS of complited grows from folks who beg for help.

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal. I get it. I kinda learned the forum from trial and error. I just learned yesterday how to do an advanced search from a regular poster on the forum. That's gonnas help. Maybe the forum needs 'moderators' who could direct the newbies to the links they need. or maybe when someone registers for the site they have to include their grow details or some basic tutorials they have to read as part of registration. When I think of moderators you're on that list, as are others that I pay attention to. But I would not put me on that list.

So LemonBud . I guess you were the one who gave your schoolbooks back to the teachers and told them just to tell you what to do?

I like your shirt! Reminds me of this thing, once.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I have to agree 100% on making the link more visible. Back when I started in the horticultural hobby I started doing web searches and started on a different site for information, some of which initially led me astray. Then I stumbled upon the GWE forum before knowing that the main GWE site existed. Some of the information was contradictory but everyone has an opinion. It was not until later, reading the forum and people saying read this, that I realized the main GWE site even existed, and was such a wealth of information. Being a noob, I was unsure of which advice to follow, but have settled on GWE, both the site and the forum, as a main source of information. And it is an extremely valuable source of information that I am grateful for. But I digress. Yes, there needs to be a more visible link. Perhaps during sign up, make people go through the main site? All that said, there will always be a portion of people who will not give due diligence on their own research before asking questions. A quick reference would be helpful. Sometimes when someone asked a question in the forum, it would be easier to go to the GWE site, look up the information, then post the link in the forum. I don't mind sharing information and others willing to share information has helped me immensely. That said it sometimes feels that I am a high school librarian, frequently pointing out to unmotivated students where the section is that contains the information that they seek.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I was on the website before I found the forum. This is only the second forum I've been a part of because I'm not a group guy. The first was work related.
              Anyone with a question is welcome. I'm down with that. I've been a teacher and consider myself to be a pretty good one. I'll suck my own toes before helping someone who wants me to do the work for them.
              If there needs to be a hand holding section, let's light it up.

Answer this question in three words or less.
              What is the first step in growing weed?
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• Cali
                Cali commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ll answer it. Do some research. Lol. Was I right?

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Plant a seed!

like others have said, best idea would be to make sure the new guy or gal is familiar with the main site and should be encouraged to read it. Other than that you can throw a horse to water but can’t make them swim. wait I’m trying to reinvent something here and it’s not working lol

Comment

My friend Cali . Although those are three great words to start with, the number of words doesn't matter. It was tongue-in-cheek. There are no three words, a word, a picture that can tell you what the first step is. In my opinion, the first step to everything I have done and will ever do with growing was when I was 17 and had my first bowl. The BIG step was making the decision to start growing.
                My answer to folks who want to know the first step in selling drugs, you ask? Hand a good lawyer expected felony drug charge bail money and tattoo his number on your hand.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Chuckin' a chicken at a chicken shooter might ain't gon' get the chicken shot. It might aught get the chicken chunker shot! Don't be a chicken chunker.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hugh? U b dab 2 b here?

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ever try chuckin' a chicken at a chicken shooter? Pro'ly not, college boy. Much as'n a chicken don' wanna get shot by a chicken shooter, th' chicken might outta chicken shot out th' way!
                    College boy.

• Ckbrew
                    Ckbrew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last time I went chuckin' chicken I be shootin' em 2 b crunch

So I should stop posting my pictures right ? There are such repetitive hey ?
                  Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                  Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                  Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                  Full auto grow
                  Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                  12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gingerbeard lolll my dear young Ginger it's my dry humour. I don't see anything wrong to improve the site. Look we came a long way from the black dial phone to the latest Iphone. Never to old to learn if so you are dead.

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What's the difference between the rotary phone and the latest Iphone? Not a goddamn thing! They make phone calls!

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One you can still be on the forum and the other one you can't.

Bonne soirée mon jeune.! The old man is going for a little rest before diner.
                    Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-05-2022, 05:16 PM.

First of all we are making growing cannabis more complicated than it really is. It’s just a plant. Focus on making a good batch of soil with quality amendments the less the better and let the plant figure out why it needs. All you have to do is water properly. How many times a year do y’all check the ph the exam the Ppm or whatever on the rest of your garden or trees or other plants? So why did we make up this bullshit for cannabis

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's all i'm trying to say also Cali . I agree with you.....This website began as a simple informative hobby grow. To help beginners find the formulas that work for them. But turning it into a science class with long explained cloudy boring statistics who would want to read how to grow weed in a more complicated explained way?? Do you see the average hobby grower looking a PDF science grafts and charts to learn about simplier techniques of hanging a thermometer in a tent and watching the ranges?

@Farmbuck...In a word, if I may be so bold, No. Repetition inspires greatness
                  Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                  Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                  Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X