Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! How does CO2 actualy works?

Hi y'all

So I'm wondering about CO2 here. As far as I know it should help a lot with the girls but I'm not sure how to use it. My buddy told me he has CO2 bottles, like huge 50L canisters and he ads CO2 to the grow area (he grows in a full cellar so he is not exposed at all).

Obviuosly thats not an option for me as I grow at home in tents, but I found wee sachets of CO2 online. Do they actualy works? I mean I have pretty decent ventillation system here and I don't know if the CO2 will actually "stay" in the tent or not.

So yeah, I'm kinda just learning here, have no idea how to use CO2, if anyone would be so kind to explain to me would be awesome

TIA

IMO unless you have a commercial size grow don't bother/ I think the mushroom bags are a waste of time and money for the paltry amount they release. There is more than needed in your tent already if you have a fresh air intake in it.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Co2 is just another tool. It works well when used right. It is a waste of money if used wrong. I think the bags are joke, tanks work well. It will not make you grow better quality bud just more, and faster. The room must be sealed, and you can't run intake and exhaust fans. If added, the environment must be changed to compensate, more lights,heat,& nutes. If your not set up for it, concentrate your time and money on perfecting what you have.
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

IMHO if you breath you have enuf CO2 for the plants in a few tents. I have brewed beer/wine in the grow room, didn't notice any dif in the plants. A bit of sugar in water and some yeast and make your own CO2.

Comment

If you spend your time learning all you can about Topping,trimming and training your plants you'll end up with a lot more bud than any amount of CO2 you could pump in there. Just saying.

Comment

I like what PRIMO said, tried and true methods
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Deleted by user
              Last edited by MH47; 01-07-2022, 08:10 AM.

Comment

This was posted in the last few days on the 'New Pages & Updates' section of the website.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

Most homes if they are sealed properly will have CO 2 levels of 600-800 ppm. Start adding mammals and it rises. I vent my whole house though my flower tent. And have an open flame gas heater. 1500-1800 ppm this time of the year going out.

Comment

ufzsolo wait you have a friend who has tanks but you want to use bags lol. Why not ask your friend who has tanks, I’m willing to bet that he knows how it works? Just adding issues where there ain’t none if you ask me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X