White Widow versus White Widow Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Widow versus White Widow Autos

Growing White Widow autos and White Widow Photos side by side in different tents with hydroponic DWC. The photos are 4 weeks along and doing well, the autos are just 2 weeks along and starting to take off nicely as well. I just wanted to compare the autos and the photos side by side. Muskie Man

Click image for larger version  Name:	WWF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.0 KB ID:	551422Click image for larger version  Name:	WWA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.9 KB ID:	551423
    Last edited by MuskieMan; 12-29-2021, 02:31 PM.
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Nice comparison, thank you. Keep your data clean (do the same things to each grow and document it). I will be really curious to see the differences in how they turn out. My expectation is the same amount of work for lesser yield with the autos but not having done this myself, I am really curious about the results. Thanks! Keep us posted as you go.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Excellent comparrison plantings, i'll be watching your grow. Good luck
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm curious as well to see how your grow goes. Up to this point all I've ever grown was Auto flowers. I grew white widow last year. They were autos and they turned out great. This next summer I have some photo seeds to grow. They will be grown outside. Happy farming!
        Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
        Canna Coco Or
        Happy Frog soil
        Fox Farms nutrients trio
        Smart pots
        Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Pictures of my current grow comparison. White Widow autos versus White Widow photos after 5 to 6 weeks. I did top and defoliate both the autos and the photos with no ill effects. The photos will be switched to bloom around Feb. 1st. The autos are showing small white hairs so I imagine that they are getting ready to bloom. This is also my first time trying DWC, I am noticing some small brown spots on some of the leaves of the autos. I don't think that it is anything to worry about. Nutrients for both is Flora Nova. Do you auto guys use cal magic? Muskie Man

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow3.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	554174Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow4.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	554175
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

The cool thing about Post #5 is you said you found some brown spots but are not worried. Gold star for MuskieMan! Using the website! Paying attention to other posts! Not panicking!
            Absofreakinglutely!
            Cool plants.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

MuskieMan , I notice your stems on your WWautos are purple. I am also growing these and mine are about the same age and my stems are not purple. My understanding is some strains have purple stems naturally and others go purple only with a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have not started adding bloom nutrients, I would recommend doing so. I dealt with a phosphorus deficiency last grow and am trying to avoid it this grow.

if the brown spots are on older growth leaves it could also be due to not enough phosphorus as it is a mobile nutrient. Good luck

Comment

• MuskieMan
                MuskieMan commented
                Editing a comment
                I will be putting in some bloom nutrients next week, that has more phosphorus in it. The autos are starting to show some white hairs but doesn't seem to be stretching like a photo period does. Will they stretch as much as photoperiod? Also the autos are bigger than the photos at this point. Will post some pictures tomorrow... Muskie Man

I got a question who's on 1st LOL which is which ? I get purple stems on alot of different strains. Yours look healthy at this point.

indoor/outdoor grower
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Started the photos on Dec. 1st. and the autos on Dec.15th. 2021

Current grow of White Widow Photos versus White Widow Autos. The experimant is proceeding very well. I am surprised that the autos have gotten bigger than the photos. I was expecting the photos to be much larger than the autos but it is not turning out that way. Maybe the photos will surpass the autos when the stretch begins. I switched the photos to bloom mode as of Feb. 1st. and am waiting for the stretch to begin. The autos are coming along better that expected with a few white hairs starting to show, still waiting for the autos to start their stretch, but no sign of it starting yet. Added a couple of pictures, any opinions would be appreciated, especially about the autos. This is also the first grow with DWC and one thing for sure is that the fan leaves are huge and the plants are extremely bushy... Muskie Man

Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow6.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	555556Click image for larger version

Name:	White Widow5.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	555557

Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

MuskieMan awesome experiment. Yeah your autos are really taking off. Are the beans from the same breeder?
                  keeping it green with the soil thing
                  love me some frosty autos
                  braap
                  BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• MuskieMan
                    MuskieMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Going2fast, yes the seeds were from the same breeder... https://theseedfair.com/... Will be trying Bruce Banner next, not sure as to autos or photos... That's what this experiment is all about. To find out which that I prefer... Muskie Man

Those are looking great

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• MuskieMan
                    MuskieMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey SoOrbudgal, I am a little concerned that the autos have not started to stretch yet. They germinated around Dec. 15th. and are supposed to have 7 to 8 weeks flowering time. I did top, and defoliate the autos,but it didn't seem to slow them down too much. The fan leaves were huge. I'm not familiar with autos, will they stretch as much as a photo period?

Muskie Man
                    Last edited by MuskieMan; 02-03-2022, 01:44 PM.

Well some do and some don't stretch as usual a non definitive answer LOL . on average with ones i've grown from soil to top of plant final height is between 18"-2ft. that's with some genital LST and topping i don't mess with them much. But have had short internodes when i see that i don't mess with it i just let it grow upwards.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Less blurple for the pics please

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X