Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee grounds as a medium. Anyone try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bet is feed the used coffee grounds to the worms like we do in my house and months later you have some outstanding compost.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I had flushed several times but it still remained yellow. I also tried various nutes (calmag, azomite, epsom salt) and it did not respond to those either. Since that last post, I started feeding every other water with Fox Farms Grow Big and am finally starting to see improvement. Looks much greener now. Don't know what it was missing but FFGB seems to have it. Its the one in the middle along the back wall. I was waiting until I nursed it back to health before starting flower. Maybe soon...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20220521_061016.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	565394
      5x7 closet with reflective mylar on the walls
      2 UF-4000 LEDs (set to 25K Lumens at the plant)
      150 CFM bathroom vent installed in ceiling exhausting through a roof vent
      Elitech STC-1000Wifi Temp&Humidity Controller
      1X Sundae Driver in 35g grow bag
      2X Orange Velvet in 35g grow bags

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done click you solved the issue, those are very nice plants are you going to defoliate? Good looking basil too

• click
        click commented
        Editing a comment
        Should I? (defoliate) This is only my second grow and I've read that newbies often do more damage than good pruning. My first grow had a lot of small buds. I wouldn't mind trading total yield for larger buds (and less time in trim jail) but am afraid of creating problems.

Get some Calcium Chloride and make a 1200 ppm solution and add directly to the soil. It will eliminate any Ca problems in 24 hrs. Be careful as it is habit forming....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X