need to flip my ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to flip my ladies

Good Morning fellow growers...and a happy festive season to you all...I have an issue with my grow that is driving me nuts.....I am growing in a small greenhouse...the ladies are now 9 to 10 weeks old...and I need to flip them into flower now....I was giving them 14 hours natural light and then 4 to 5 hours with the cfl lights , total 18 to 19 hours light...I really need to flip them now, so I have switched the lights off...but they are still getting around 15 hours of natural light...and continue to veg.....I have tried covering the tent with black plastic to get a 12/12 light regime....but its just not practical...considering that I will have to cover and uncover the tent twice a day for the next 8 or 9 weeks.....any suggestion on how I could get the ladies to flip in this scenario would be very much appreciated Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.6 KB ID:	550991

What a shame to lose these. I know no other way but to use black out tarps. Did'nt really think ahead eh??? Are you joking?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Heatwave
      Heatwave commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't intend loosing the ladies......I am in the s hemisphere...so in a few weeks they will start to flower on their own.....but I need to provoke flowering earlier, I need it for meds for my buddy...who is running out...see.....

In an outdoor greenhouse you are going to be a slave to the sun I'm afraid. Nice setup though.

Comment

• Heatwave
      Heatwave commented
      Editing a comment
      Not if I can give the ladies a 12/12 regime

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this your first grow Heatwave?

well you not going to get anything for another 8-10 weeks so your buddy is going to have to go to the store. So the only way is putting a tarp over them until the light changes 6 hours a day. Then let nature have at it.
    1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
    1 sf2000 @200 watts
    2 philzon @230 watts
    2x4x5 tent
    3x6x8 closet
    Fox Farm ocean forest
    Black gold for seedling
    3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
    RH 40-60
    Temp 70-80
    Feeding with FF trio with molasses
    calmag and a little flower fuel
    Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Sounds like it's a not very well thought out grow. Here's another "woke thinker" history of growing weed re-invented. No thanks and a big DUH at least you know flowering time
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Heatwave
        Heatwave commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the encouragement ...I guess there are always gonna be haters out there....DUH......

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        What you ask is " how do i speed up flowering process cause my buddy needs his meds" you can't unless you tarp it. I don't hate cause i THINK out what i do, check yourself

You can try this.... Good luck.

https://www.maximumyield.com/definit...rigen-cannabis

What Does Florigen Mean?

Florigen is the key hormone in plants that promotes flowering. The plant’s system starts producing florigen when the days grow shorter and the nights grow longer.

Chemical compounds start being produced in the growing points of the plant, which spurs another chemical reaction in the leaves of the plant. The plant's system flows the two chemical compounds together to create the flowering hormone known as florigen.
      Maximum Yield Explains Florigen

Florigen was first discovered in 1865 by German scientist Julius von Sachs.

Florigen production is triggered in short-day plants such as cannabis when the days start to shorten and the plant is exposed to longer periods of darkness. It has been discovered that exposing a marijuana plant to pure darkness for a period of 24 to 30 hours will stimulate its production of florigen and trigger its flowering cycle. This allows a grower to synchronize a cannabis plant’s pre-flowering stage and control its production by inducing flowering.

Scientists have also used florigen to grow tropical plants in hostile growing environments such as Northern Europe, a feat that was previously deemed impossible.

According to plant physiologist Mikhail Chailakhyan, it is possible to transmit a graft from a plant that has been induced to flower to a non-induced one in order to transmit floral induction.

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        This sounds WAY more difficult than buying some tarp...and how long will this take? Just tarp it and quit being so lazy. You want it to flower early..force it.

Flipping the tarp on and off is your only option unless you devise some mechanical advantage. Good luck. Man once told me “Experience is what ya get after ya need it”. Good luck
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X