Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Widow, stunted growth

Howdy folks.

Ive got a Dinafem white widow,really lovely looking plant. You can just tell she is going to be special. But I kept her, way too long in a small pot.
    I transplanted her along with 3 others, all been neglected badly. Christmas and a million other reasons. A half finished grow room, blah blah blah.
    And being off my face for three weeks didnt help.
    But the widow held her own and was the least affected.
    So they've been transplanted nearly 3 weeks. they have all grown, looking a lot healthier than they did. The widow has grown but nothing compared to the others. She is bushing out, lush foliage but really small.
    I know white widow is not a tall plant, but her growth has been stunted.
    I was hoping to take some clones. Having second thoughts now.
    Do you think they will grow to normal size. or is her size going to be carried through to the clones?

A few pics,
    I know the plants are not the best, all due to my lack of time. But They are all I have at the moment.

Looks like the Widow is still vegging so clone away. I've never done it but someone with experience will come on to help. As far as her size carrying over, I would be optimistic that not all clones would follow their mommie that close. I have plants growing from seed and are the same strain with various heights. So not all is as perfect as one would want.
    Your plants look great, they are very forgiving to grow.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would assume your plant is stunted because of being root bound cuz u left in a small pot to long taking clones should be fine. I have a white widow tht grew tall I bint it into a u shape and been LST ing it. It's the bush on the right

Comment

BB- It's possible that you have a phenotype that favors a squat plant. If the roots are able to spread then you have done pretty much everything on that front.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

She looks happy. The growth appears to be growing well at least by the photo- and usually that lighter green at the tips is a sign of fast growth, but I'll take your word for it that she's slow. Your plants look mildly heat stressed. If she was root bound before and really suffering she would have shown it. In any case as a healthy plant, she would take right off when transplanted. I don't see any big issues so I'd tend to agree with Gbauto that she may just be a smaller plant and need to be vegged longer.

Comment

I would clone away too !Amazing how they bounce back. Looking good I think with good future.
            2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Dude....the leaves on the white widow look wet, i noticed it's the one closest to the mister.....I guess you have low rh.....might be that maybe?...switch em around see if that helps😁😁
              The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Vapo69
                Vapo69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Or move the mister, probs easier lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X