Intake tube filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake tube filters

Hi everyone, I was looking at these the other day and thought I’d share my intake hose filters. I used a “cut to fit” carbon pre filter but any carbon filter sheet will do. I used some plant wire I had nearby but zip ties might work
    better. Anyone else do this or another version of it?

Happy growing!

I use the mesh openings on my tent and cover them with filter media from a window AC to block light in the dark period also I can wash it when it gets dirty (like now). I leave the magnets on to hold it in place when I open the tent.

Comment

Hey kids. Consider this. When you put an obstruction on the end of a vent, as you have, the fan might have to work harder than intended. Like breathing through a cloth.
      However, I need to figure out how I can bailing wire something like that together if my plants keep stinking up the place.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Beard, if its stink your dealing with you'll probably have to go with a charcoal filter. I use a pretty large system but if my tent is sealed up, aint no stank.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not that I don't like the stank, HG. It's that I don't like property management smelling the stank. I'm not going to buy a full-on carbon filter for my setup.

I would recommend this instead, which will be less obstructive:

Vent Duct Screen Net Shield 8 inch goes onto the end opening of Air Duct Flange or Grow Tent Inline Fans https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1NFSMX...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• bdeegan
        bdeegan commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool, thanks for sharing Rik!

I like your magnet idea jebidiah, thanks! I had been thinking about covering those.

Thank you gingerbeard, I anticipated some slow down so I added one more intake tube to accommodate (3 in total). They are all passive intakes. As far as dealing with the smell i can’t say they do much. I did not run a carbon filter on the exhaust and it was pretty stinky. They do slow the light down some but don’t block it completely. They do a great job of keeping dirt, hair, etc from being sucked into the tent, which is what my intent was.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X