Manifold question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifold question

Could one of you experts tell me. "What is the first node"? Is it the first serrated leaf, the first three fingered leaf or what. Curious minds want to know.

The first serrated 3 lobed leaf is generally considered node #1.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Ckbrew, Thank you kindly.

If you manifolding don't forget to try Fimming a plant as well as topping a plant. Instead of just having the 2 main branches like topping you can have 4. Not sure whose manifolding guide your using but I got that advice straight from Light Addict Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210301_060116120.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	549741Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210301_055758774.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	549742

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a big timesaver if you're good at it. I've only been successful once and that was an accident!

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      BCOutdoorBudz, I'm following Nebula's tutorial. I just wasn't sure how you identify the first node. But what you said makes sense, to fimm instead of just topping. Thanks.

I call the first node the set of leaves that grow after the cotyledon leaves from the seedling.
    Ultimately, it really doesn't matter. I manifold based on how the plant is growing.
    I tend to aim for 6-8 main tops and then trellis all of the secondary nodes that form.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I used Light Addicts Fluxing tutorial I won't post it here as it's on a different forum

Comment

I must be doing something wrong. I try FIMMING but it does not seem to work for me. The main stem still keeps growing straight up. I too use the instructions on the GWE site. I would really like more info on this subject.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

When I grow from seed and have normal alternating nodes, topping will usually result in the remaining tertiary nodes becoming dominant because of the auxins or growth hormones released in response to being topped. I then weave those nodes and repeat as necessary.
          When I grow from clones, those are already sexually mature and have alternating nodes.
          Topping those usually results in the lower nodes on those stems becoming dominant.
          I like to allow them to get a bit leggy and then weave them into the trellis and THEN top.
          That makes all of the lower nodes explode.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I've fimmed before and liked the results, though I usually just top. The last run I fimmed it and only got half the plant somehow, one side fimmed and the other like it got topped. I've fimmed the latest two in veg and one turned out just great as far as branching. Fimmed at the 4th node

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fimm Happy Frog GDP 3 22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	568534

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X