Sexing, root growth and cytokinin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexing, root growth and cytokinin

Hey all, please reach out if anyone has done research on this or know of someone who has.
    Some theory I’m playing with that growth of cytokinins will increase the root growth of regular seedlings which in turn will increase their probability of creating female seeds.
    Came across some old research out of Russia circa 1977, looking for more recent updates on the subject.
    Hit me up!
    Thanks!
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

This was published last year. It doesn't deal with cannabis but seems to lend some credence to your hypothesis. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7013397/

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG my brain hurts now. Don't do that again please! Don't click unless you have a doctorate in plant biology...rotflmao!

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, much appreciated!
      Goes exactly along that Russian study.
      Now on to figure out how to create a soi mix high in cytokinin… gotta love rabbit holes!
      Last edited by LuckyAcres; 12-09-2021, 11:25 PM.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Kelp has one of the higher levels of cytokinin found in nature. I use kelp powder liberally when I build my soil. Especially in benign starter soil for seedlings and clones. That combined with Azomite I have found offers rapid root growth for young plants.

the strains have changed radically since 1977 so I wouldn't even consider that data.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      Please read comments below and the second link to very recent study. Different strains but same plant no? Same way of reproduction among all strains last I checked

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X