Help Plants Not Growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Plants Not Growing

Not my first indoor grow but first time with Barney's Alcapulco Gold. Using Fox Farm Ocean and after a month the plants are not thriving and are only about 4" tall. I thought maybe I was over watering (leaves were drooping) but cutting back on watering was of no help. I'm wondering now if it's my tap water. A year ago I had a water softener installed and I'm using potassium chloride. Could that be the problem? If so, can they be saved at this point and if so what would be suggested besides changing to maybe distilled water? Many thanks!

Roboman sorry to not be able to offer much help. What kinda pot are they in? how big? etc. Are your outside faucets also softened? Let your city water sit in an open container for a couple of days to evaporate off added chems. What are you using for light? Show us a couple of good pics, in natural light. Worth a thousand words.

Comment

Yes please post photo and describe more details
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Okay here is a photo. The lights are Marys-Hydro 600w LED. Currently in clay pot. Once established I transplant to a fabric pot. Outside faucets are not softened so I guess I could use that instead. Never had an issue like this before.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3972.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	549157

Comment

Looks like they need to dry out a little bit, I'd repot in 3gal fiber pot straightaway,their little roots need room and oxygen to grow. Also air gap the bottom of the pot.

Comment

Planter is too small. Overwatering and washing what nutes in soil out. Need to know pH for such a small planter. Don't have a softener but I'm sure someone can chime in on that. Photo or auto? Lights?
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Sorry saw light post. Ok there
              keeping it green with the soil thing
              love me some frosty autos
              braap
              BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
              Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
              the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
              blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

My daughter has a water softener and I can taste the potassium salts. I would not use on my plants but worse is root bound and probably some nute lockout. Use your outside water for sure. Some strains may be ok with the salts while others not so. My 2 cents!
                Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 12-06-2021, 09:28 PM.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I seem to recall Grandma's softener softened all the water at her house. Outside as well. I can't stand San Diego tap water but G's garden hose put out the best freaking water since the Fountain of Youth.

there are all kinds of factors. need more info on your grow

FYI FF soil usually only has enough nutrients for about 3-4 weeks. If you aren't testing the PH of the water going in then that could be the problem right out of the chute.

she's really pale and that's a sure sign of lack of Nitrogen.

600W light is fine but is it full spectrum and is it 18-24 inches from the top of the plant?

Temps? humidity?

Could also be just bad genetics in the seed...
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

pH is off. They are starving and the pot is too small.

My guess is the pH is too low.

I'd put them in a fabric pot (3 gal or 5 gal) and get the pH figured out and get them fed.

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo!

2nd that Bingo
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for all your help. I transplanted into fabric pot yesterday. The water I was using measured 7.2 PH and the water I switched to is 6.5. By the way, of the three seeds I tried germinating one did not sprout. Does that tell you anything?

Comment

• dilvish
                      dilvish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      not sprouting just means the seed is old...it happens. Next time just give it a few more days and see what happens. of course making sure the seed is left moist not wet...too much water can also cause seeds not to sprout.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X