Organic pesticides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic pesticides

I was just looking at products like Spinosad and Azamax as an organic solution to spider mites and aphids but apparently they are not available in Canada. I assume that is because they contain ingredients that are on a banned list.

Most of the time I use Food grade Diatomaceous Earth but it can be messy and it takes forever to remove it from leaves. It works great but I was looking to try an alternative.

Anyone had good experiences with other ORGANIC only pesticides?
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Afternoon dilvish Check out Neem meal and also Karanja Meal. Organic amendments from the ground dried seed pulp. Use it in your soil mix like any dry amendment. No harmful residue because you don't burn it. I used a 50/50 mix of Neem/Karanja @ 1 cup to 15 gallon soil. proof against gnats, spiders moths, caterpillars. Anything that eats plant material containing it will suffer complete loss of appetite because their tracts are upset. I just used it first time so no conclusive results but no bugs on plants either. Several moths got in but never ate or deposited eggs so it's good enough for me to continue with it.
    Readily available online; Build A Soil carries it.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I've had good luck with spinosad outdoors for caterpillars. Works great but never used it past early flower. Never had a bug problem indoors except fungus gnats but that's a gimme using organic soil. Diatomaceous earth and 30-70 iso and water spray takes care of them.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

The first few days after I water in my pots to let them cook a few weeks I had lots of gnats of various types. in about 3 days the sticky traps caught a couple hundred and that was the end of that. Period. A few moths got in through the intake grill because the screen wasn't tight. Traps got them too. I won't grow w/o them anymore.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Apple cider vinegar. ISO. H2O2. Dish soap. Milk. Beneficial oils. Baking soda. Grab a couple marigolds from your local nursery and put them real close to your plants. Premix DE in soil. If you have room to top your soil, mix DE with topping soil. Layer of sand on your soil. Tactical defoliation during treatment. Fans.

Haven't had any issues with fungus gnats in my first coco grow. Even though they're right next to plants that have them. Still a long way to flower to see if anything else shows up.

I bought soil a couple months ahead of time. Even mail order. That helps kill a lot of bugs and bad stuff, I guess? Never bought a bag of soil from a store that wasn't full of gnats.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Just because something is marketed to us as "organic" does not make it safe, I use ISO (rubbing alcohol) and water mixed 50/50. On the other hand, some of these are banned as there has been no studies done to see IF it is safe or not (spinosad is on that list). Neem oil should not be used on buds as many people have had major issues with it.

Comment

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya I think that's why both the products I mentioned are not available in Canada. I want 100% organic so I may look at alcohol mix...

Might check out Green Clean. Soybean oil base.
            DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
            TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
            Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
            10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
            50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
            8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
            2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
            w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
            2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
            2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
            GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
            Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
            . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
            Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              this product says not for use on food or feed crops...essentially anything consumable by humans or animals, which cannabis is. You have to watch out for products that say "Green" on the label because it's a marketing term...

One issue that needs to be kept in mind is that any product that has been tested to see if it is food safe, regardless of the result, probably has not been tested during or post combustion and that is the wild card. Combustion and heat is chemistry folks, and when you do it you can easily create new and unknown molecules of who knows what. And no one knows how it may affect the body.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Yellow sticky traps are a must. Some pest are attracted to the blue sticky traps so make sure you put the right color out according to pest. Also I bubble Neem meal over night and drench the soil and foliar spray. Only foliar spray with lights out or just before the go off to avoid burning the leafs. Do not spray Neem or anything on buds. Organic soil are easy to prevent pest as long as you have a good IPM. build up the plants SAR as long as the plant is healthy bonkers will make a home, pest attack unhealthy plants that’s why bottled nutrient growers get infested and it’s hard because basically the plant is dead you the grower are keeping it alive on life support minute you pull the plug meaning nutrients the plant dies. In organic the plant is well alive and communicating with the soil life and is responsive on its own like it would in nature pest know this and they know not to attack or try but can’t make a home. That’s where IPM comes into play, I use soap nuts that alone is organic pesticide, I use aloe Vera to build up the health of the plant, and a good top seeds of home made worm castings comes with many beneficial insects that will pray kn any oest trying to make a home of your pot or plants. This is truly the way to Grow Weed Easy. Let nature take care of the problems just make sure you keep the soil alive by watering the rest has been done alone for years. Also don’t forget some strains are more prone to pest than others. After cloning a few and seeing similar pest you learn in my case I notice because I have different strains in the same tent and only one plant will get hit more crazy but true.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X