Light burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light burn?

Hello everyone! I’m wondering if this is light burn. I have a 600W vipatspectra LED lamp and it’s about 18 inches away. The specs say 20 to 24 inches away but the plants are just too darn tall

I hope it's light burn. My light got raised because all my upper tips were turning. If it's not light, I'm boned.
    Neat colors in the picture!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• BigOlBug
      BigOlBug commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Gingerbeard!

That is nute burn. Nothing too wrong with it. I 'd move to feed-feed-water, if you are feeding all the time. -- or cut back a hair.

Comment

• BigOlBug
      BigOlBug commented
      Editing a comment
      I kinda thought that was the case.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with the slight nutrient burn. I get it (small amount, tips only) on every grow. I use CFL lamps and use the maximum concentration as specified on GH's feeding schedule. Nothing to worry One's self with, in my opinion.

Yes, nute burn, maybe back off on the nitrogen a bit...thems some pretty dark green leaves(pretty color tho!) 18 inches is ok with the viper 600s. Done it many times
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• BigOlBug
      BigOlBug commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the green saturation is a bit high on the image.

18 inches with a Vipar 600W should be fine. Light burn typically causes "praying" and some discoloration of the top leaves. In your case it looks more like nutrient burn and as previously mentioned above, likely too much nitrogen. The leaves look dark green which is a sign along with burnt tips.

In the bloom/flower stage cannabis needs more Potassium and Phosphorous than it does Nitrogen.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• BigOlBug
      BigOlBug commented
      Editing a comment
      That is good to know about the Viparspectra LEDs. Thanks dilvish!

• dilvish
      dilvish commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a 900W ViparSpectra at 20 inches with no issue so that's why i said what I said...should have clarified. Fortunately VS is one of only a few manufacturers that actually tell you what height is acceptable for cannabis.

I am using Nebula Haze's Nutrient Schedule for Coco Coir and feeding every other day. Was just getting ready to cut back on the grow bottle this week.

Perhaps I'll do two plain waters between nutrients this week instead of every other watering.

Thanks for all the great help as usual everyone. What a great forum this is!

"You gave to me a new belief,
    And soon the world will love you sweet leaf"

Comment

Hmm... I'm using one of Nebula's feeding schedules for Coco+Perlite.
      Then my answer is my solution for my plants. Only the ones I have under my HLG have the tips. I didn't change the nutes, but raised the light. The tips stopped. I use the same nutes on M and Sister G-13 that are outside/LED. No issues with the tips.
      BigOlBug . Is your picture using a flash under LED lights?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm also looking at the leaf tip curl from Ntox on GWE. No curl from light.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        And the lights are 2" lower than recommended.

No Gingerbeard. I just adjusted the levels in PhotoShop and ended up over saturating the leaves. But it looked cool and really showed of the problem I am having

Now, this one is with a flash. Crazy what you can do with an iPhone.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have Facebook or Twitter on your iPhone, you can take down governments. That, my friend, is crazy.

I'm sorry to be picking you apart, BOB, but I'm holding on to light issues. The color of the leaves you are posting are not true color. That can throw off a diagnosis. The plants in this picture don't look. My camera does it's own thing, sometimes, and this is what I get.
      Can you get a picture in natural or white light?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7544.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	548721

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Sure. Thanks Gingerbeard!

I'll get a better one tomorrow. But here is one that is not adjusted and is with available light, no grow lights.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm giving you props and you throw me under the bus, FB? That'll teach me to give you a compliment.

• BigOlBug
          BigOlBug commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not the tool, it's the user.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Please tell me there's a third option, BOBug.

Yeah. I Have been a photographer for 40 years, people mostly. I have never seen better work on the subject of Cannabis than Farmbuck's work. One of these days, I will set up lights and a tripod and attempt to compete. I think I could approach, but not beat Farmbuck's stuff. It's magical.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Any particular subject? My dad trained at Brooks. Got a job as a medical photographer in Saudi Arabia in the mid-late 70's. He got himself an 'in' with Bedouins surrounding Riyadh and did a lot of work with those folks.

• BigOlBug
          BigOlBug commented
          Editing a comment
          Events mostly. Weddings, births, conventions, parties, etc.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X