Leaf somethings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf somethings

That I can find, one fan has topside bumps and underside indents on a few fingers. Only a few of those bumps have holes. None have brown or yellow, centers or edges that would suggest past damage that has died or is currently having an issue. Under a UV lighted loupe, nothing fluoresced. Nor under led light. If they were barnacles or scale, they would be there. BandS don't just have a snack and go away. I'm all about user error when it comes to holes in leaves. These...
    This single finger looks like it has leaf miner damage. Found it yesterday. I couldn't find a black head and the leaf wasn't otherwise in peril so I left it and kept an eye out for more damage. It is the same shape and size as when I found it. The stem feels good. The location of the fan is a few inches away from the bumps. Can't find another one. Possible mutation?
    On a few young fans, I have found one finger on each that wilted, one dead. I wasn't looking but I didn't notice anything like the pictures below. No pictures of that because I haven't taken one. Something I did do was give the fan stem a squeeze to see if was soft. Maybe something had burrowed down. Nothing out of the ordinary. None of the other fingers were affected. A small piece in me says it was simple damage. But the leaves were so young I can't believe I would have only hurt the one and not knock it off. Or can I?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7533.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	960.6 KB
ID:	548569Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7534.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	548570Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7535.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	548571
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Evening buddy, I see you changed your avatar to a selfie pic. Handsome fellow aren't you? Nice ginger colored beard but not as full as I imagined. I concur that you have incidental leaf damage. The only one I question is pic 3 which does look similar to leaf miner but I'm 90% sure it's not so I dunno. Best thing to do at this point is nothing. Just watch closely.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Holy ginger crap! I didn't ginger notice the ginger beard and ginger hair!!! Gonna be Ginger get in some ginger trouble at the next ginger meeting if this gets the ginger out.

My attention is more on the LM thingy. If I have LM, that means I have other bugs I don't know about. If I have some sort of moth, where can I get zombie moths that will eat the live moths and leave my plants alone? Can't find the link. There should be one. Nothing on GWE, either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zombie-caterpillar1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	548582

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Does Dabber like leaves?
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          It's more curiosity than anything. When I first started growing, she took a nipped a seedling. We had a come-to-ginger moment and she's never touched anything that wasn't on the floor, since.

just keep an eye on it. Look closely at the entire plant (s). A thorough visual inspection typically reveals if pests are abound.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X