Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dilvish
    replied
    terra cotta pots like the ones you are using may only have a single drain hole in the bottom so you should elevate the pots on a mesh (like a plastic milk crate) to ensure proper drainage.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    commented on 's reply
    that nutrient mix could be the problem. The nutrients you are using are likely not for cannabis...hopefully you didn't buy them at Lowes...they likely don't have the right mixtures for cannabis.
    when I said good or bad thing it could be just that. good that its forming buds but bad that they are coming in a bit premature but that could be the way that strain grows.

• click
    replied
    Originally posted by dilvish View Post
    All I can say is buds forming in 2 weeks can be a good thing or a bad thing as there are many factors involved.
    I would be interested in some elaboration here. I figured this can only be bad.

ou are right I am having some difficulty maintaining temp. Just using a fan to pull in cooler outside air (~50F) when temps exceed 75F. But with those lights, I still see spikes around 82F in the center of the plant so no doubt even higher at the tips.

I keep the soil pH at between 6.5 and 7 by application as needed of distilled water set to 6.5pH via lime juice. Otherwise watering with pure distilled water (except for one of the Chem-Dog which, as an experiment, I water with my 400ppm hard tap water - so far no noticeable difference).

Once a week I fertilize with a 12-4-8 veg mix fertilizer as per manufacturers instructions.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    the first pics you posted indicate that there may be several issues happening. One of which is the temp may be too high as the middle plant has upper leaves "canoeing" which is a sign of heat stress.

You need to post as much info on your set up as you can to better diagnose issues. lighting, temp, humidity, PH levels, type of nutrients etc.

All I can say is buds forming in 2 weeks can be a good thing or a bad thing as there are many factors involved.

FYI I would not recommend "miracle grow" for any cannabis plant grow unless it's the "nature's care organic" version!!!

Leave a comment:

• click
    replied
    Here is a pic of the plants 2 weeks ago just before potting. They all looked pretty similar then:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211105_061518.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	548067

Leave a comment:

• click
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Good to know.

• Ckbrew
    replied
    Good start. You don't need to fense off the plant with cups because the plants were potted low. Just fill it in around the stem. The plant will grow more roots. Nothing bad will happen.

Leave a comment:

• click
    started a topic [Newbie] Single bud after 1 month?

[Newbie] Single bud after 1 month?

Hi, I have just started into this hobby(for me anyway) and have some seed that flowers in a month. I started with 6 seeds. 2 Each of ChemDawg, ThaiHaze, and Watermelon all auto-flower. I also bought a GelatoPie clone as a safety net in case I failed to germinate any seeds. I needn't have worried because all 6 germinated after just 3 days. I left then for 12 days to strength before potting. I potted all six at the same time in the same soil (Miracle Grow potting soil from Lowes). Now, 2 weeks later I am alarmed to see buds already forming on both of my ChemDawg (closeup below). I understand from searching the internet that is does happen occasionally however both ChemDawg seeds are doing it. The ThaiHaze and the Watermelon appear to still be solidly in the vegetative state despite same light, water, temp, and soil.

I am attaching a photo. You can see the Gelato-Pie clone in the middle. The three seedlings across the bottom are left to right, Watermelon, ThaiHaze, and the stunted, flowering, ChemDawg. Repeated counter-clockwise around the back. Any thoughts on the issue with the ChemDawg? I'm thinking a bad strain of seeds.

Note: After looking at the photo I realized a few of you are going to see the top of the Solo cup in one of the pots and let me know (most respectfully, I sure :-) ) that I was supposed to remove the seedling from the germinating cups when re-potting. I assure you this is a trick. I planted some of the seedlings too low so I cut the tops off some solo cups to make a fence to keep the soil away from the stem.

Last edited by click; 12-11-2021, 07:05 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X