leaf discoloration & lighting cycle questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaf discoloration & lighting cycle questions

Hi guys I am a new grower (growing legally in Virginia) and I have some noob questions I am hoping to resolve. First of all these are clones I got from a friend - the two on the left are actually an older generation of the same clones even though they are smaller. The one on the right is a younger clone but because they give them a lot of nutrients it already surpassed the older plants. I've been trying to keep the PH of all the water and nutrients between 6-7 but preferably between 6-6.5 and sometimes I spray the leaves. Onto my questions...
    1. What are these dots on the leaves?
    2. What is the reddish/brown in the center on the leaves on one plant?
    3. How long should I wait before switching the light cycle for bloom?

As per usual, what is your PH both in and out. That usually fixes most issues. In soil indoors go for 6.5
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out the GWE home page. Do a search for spider mites.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Thanks for some feedback guys! Appreciate any advice, tips, info, resources.

Oldmangrower - When you say my ph in and out does that mean literally checking the ph before and catching water run off at the bottom and testing the ph of that? I always keep my water and my nutrients blend between 6-7ph but I've never tested run-off water or anything so that's what you'd recommend me check? Maybe the spray on the leaves needs to be less acidic could that be a thing?

gingerbeard - Ill check out spidermites now hopefully that's not what it is though. I do have some neem oil spray but it was some cheap stuff I might have to buy some better quality. Neem oil can be used for a bunch of things.

Comment

And what are ya'lls opinions on when I should change my light cycle to bloom. The one younger clone is freaking huge I'm going to keep giving it less nutrients than the other two because its so much bigger while also being a younger plant. Any suggestions on how to keep that optimal would be great also lol - should I just keep topping it to make sure it doesn't get too tall for its whole life? haha

Comment

Hey, SMdD. If you lower your nutrients, you will run into nutrient deficiencies. When you check out spider mites on GWE, take a look at training and topping tutorials.
            Sorry to be vague in not answering your questions. Your answers are huge! The entire GWE site ranks up there with a master's thesis and you might find answers to questions you didn't know you had.
            If you have SM's on one plant, chances are all your plants will have them.
            Give us more information on your growing medium, nutrients, lights, fans/circulation, and strain.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

more complete info on your conditions watering habits etc can also help identify the problem
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I just started using neem oil that will hopefully rid of the spider mites.
                onto my water...I usually fill a pitcher up of water and add a dibble of PH up as my water is acidic well water and I usually get it between 6-7ph before using it. I also have one of those pump sprayers that I also have balanced between 6 and 7 ph. For a heavier watering I'd use one pitcher split between the 3 plants and just top it off with the sprayer. On lighter waterings I just use the pump spray. This could be an advantage or a disadvantage giving it different amounts of water but I figured it would make it seem more natural.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just dont use Neem on buds.

• Smokedadope420
                  Smokedadope420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that tip I've just been spraying the leaves and trying to get the bottom of the leaves because I read that's where they commonly live.

I used fox farm soil and mixed it with The Good Earth Organics, I have hydrocarbon filtered air being blown in from the bottom that goes out through the top that comes on when the lights come on. I have 2 small fans that stay on 24/7. I have a cheaper Phlizon light and I plan on adding an additional one but I currently have that with 2 normal bulbs on both sides. I think when they get a little bigger the additional full spectrum light will probably make a drastic difference.

Comment

Nothing we do is natural SMdD. Natural would be a wild plant dropping it's seeds. Doesn't matter living soil, organic nutrients, outdoors or whatever. We give our plants the best nutritional and environmental conditions we can to get the best outcome.
                  Are you going to throw up any grow information?
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6
                  Nutes
                  CalMag

Comment

again more info...temps (day night), humidity, PH levels type of nutrients and how often you feed, light cycle (how long on) etc. what type of pots and how well they drain...

Spraying the plants isn't recommended, especially if the water contains nutrients. Cannabis draws it's water from the roots not the leaves.
                    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I have 1 cheap full spectrum light with 2 additional light bulbs until I get a second, better grow light. Temperature stays between 65-80. PH of water and nutrients stays between 6 and 7 but I aim for 6-6.5 if possible. Lights are on for around 18 hours currently. I used those bag pots because they can air out nicely and I think I used good quality soil so I think it drains well but I am also new I could be wrong. I used fox farm and this other one called The Good Earth Organics. I mixed them but it is mainly a fox farm type with the frog on the bag. The roots take in the majority of the water but I read online that the leaves can take in the nutrients quicker and more efficient through the leaves.

Comment

Yes foliar feeding is a good thing, the under side of the leaves is where the action takes place (at least most of it), can give your plants a growth boost in veg stage, it gets nutes direct to the plant.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X