Sweating plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweating plants

Watered this morning. Lights and fans went off at 3:00pm. Tent stays open even when lights are off. Just before I turned the lights off, I noticed the leaves had a bit of a sag to them. Figured it was just from the watering.
    I just turned the lights on and found what you see in the pictures. Had I not touched the plant, the water drops would only be on the fan leaf serrations. The sagging has unsagged.
    Fans have been reacquisitioned for drying purposes. No idea the temp or humidity but I'm sitting in the same as they are and not sweating. Click image for larger version

Name:	dew.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	547310
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Don't " SWEAT" it Gingerbeard i've had this type of reaction from my indoor plants did'nt cause any trouble to them for sweating.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It's a good thing you are not growing where I am or else they would have sweat ice cubes !!!

But seriously I had this once when growing in summer. Don't worry.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I am sated. If the likes of SOBg and FB say I'm cool, I'm cool.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
          I am sated. If the likes of SOBg and FB say I'm cool, I'm cool.
          Look up VPD Vapour Pressure Deficit. It's not actual sweat it's most likely condensation as the ambient leaf temperature was a couple degrees coolers than the air in your tent. I left my exhaust fans off a couple times and that happens everytime. Just the plants perspiration bringing up the humidity in the grow area and then that moisture recommending on the leaves due to a temperature difference. The plants actually breathe and release oxygen through the bottom of the leaves where the Stomata's are located they open and close the tips of the leaves is where the majority of the chlorophyll is that converts CO2, water, nutrients and sunlight from light energy into chemical energy ie sugars using the chlorophyll as the catalyst then they use the sugars produced to grow and release Oxygen through the underside of the leaves.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X