Roots Protruding through fabric pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roots Protruding through fabric pots

Now into 1-1/2 learning with several successful grow and good buds and learned a lot, but had to take a break. I recently started new grow again a little over a month now with a white widow( mid size in pic), purple kush( biggest in pic and my 1st blue berry( smallest and youngest)- growing with a nice πŸ‘πŸ» 200W LED, growing in 3 Gal. Cloth pot in Bush doc’s coconut soil, humidifier, fan’s and water once every 4th day and in process of topping all to get the 8 branch Cola’s. I think is a great grow environment.
    however, I used pots that I grew last plants in and discovered this morning while watering- the biggest of the plants- purple kush is already shooting roots out of cloth pot at bottom and think it happening to the next mid size plant.
    will this be a issue? I plan to put water trays under all plants- should I be concerned here?

Its all good. That is what is supposed to happen. When the roots are exposed to air like that, they die off back to the fabric. That is what is called air pruning.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

It's not good - get some kind of riser to get your pots off the floor - water trays won't work - you need airflow underneath.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

airpots are great but yes, pooling at the bottom can become an issue so elevate them with a grid spacer or old milk crate.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Man, Thank you all! That’s makes total sense and I will get them of pooling site! THANKS πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
            It's not good - get some kind of riser to get your pots off the floor - water trays won't work - you need airflow underneath.
            I found some mesh squares about 12" square that work really well.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X