Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dilvish
    replied
    Autos typically grow smaller than photos so an 8 gallon pot is overkill IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• bdeegan
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing what you can do! I started my autos in 5gal fabric pots to reduce stress. I pretty much followed Nebula’s posted watering schedule and it worked out nicely! Good luck!

bd

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Well they are autos and I believe in starting them in their home as to reduce stress on them. So far I've grown autos in 2, 3, 4, and 5 gallons. Why not try 8. My aim is to maximize yield on an auto but at the same time make it as simple as possible and as cheap as possible. My next run will be all recycled soil. Heck I've got friends growing in this soil and instead of compost just throwing in a handful of standard garden 10-10-10 and getting nice results. Simple is the key word here. Now this 4th plant I just started is a whole other story. Going to torture a memphisto freebie for the fun of it. And yes that is a dirt bike fender.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    if you got that soil from your garden be aware that some unwanted pests may appear. keep your eyes on the plant closely. Curious as to why you would start these in such large pots. Keep an eye on that drainage too. Those pots should be slightly elevated to ensure the water doesn't just pool on the bottom of the pot.

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Aaand a sunset. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211114_163655934.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	546911

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Well it was supposed to say fun run but my fingers couldn't keep up with my brain.

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    started a topic SOIL The Fruit Basket auto runRun

The Fruit Basket auto runRun

Well It seems to be a fitting title giving this run. Got 3 different pollen chuckers this time and I'm testing 10 gallon pots but only have about 8 gallons in them. Let's go thru the setup real quick.
    back of walk in closet as grow space. Footprint 3x5 Mars hydro sp3000
    ac infinity 6" and carbon filter
    10 gallon pots
    Bottom 1/3 wormy compost out of my garden bin.
    top 2/3 miracle grow organics. 3/4cup dolomite lime added to each pot.
    couple of 6" hurricane clip on fans
    Tabletop humidifier when needed
    Ok the ladies from left to right.
    Mango smile by memphisto. She is a cross of mango haze and toof decay. 85% sativa.
    Scarlet sunset from gas reaper. She is a cross of black cherry punch and Erie sunset. She is a 50/50.
    Trizzlers from 20-20 Mendocino. She is watermelon skittles and triangle Kush. No percentage. I would guess leaning indica.
    So let's get this boat launched.
    Aaand some cute baby pics. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211114_150739031_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.45 MB ID:	546902Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211114_150751021_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	546903Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211113_150326962_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	546904Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211114_150744673_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.08 MB ID:	546905
    Last edited by Going2fast; 11-14-2021, 04:20 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X