Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is another problem plant that I have some questions on ...please review photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another problem plant that I have some questions on ...please review photos

This plant has grown exeedingly tall ...see photo 1

Some leaves look very ill - can anybody suggest the cause, or what I should do please Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2239TooTall.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	875.4 KB
ID:	546606Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2240TooTallLeaves1.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	546607

Why don't you just use it as a dust broom
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Damnit SoOrbudgal I almost spit my coffee out all over the table. Lol 😆 🤣 😂

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Ooops sorry PLreef

Looks like the rope we used to grow in the dorm where we had a contest to see who could grow the tallest plant, then smoke the fan leaves. How naive we were back then.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

You have lack of light and PH issues, and just maybe a male.

Comment

So far one sensible response and 2 that are useless...it's a comment on the leaf that I really need. Could this be light damage?

Comment

The height is lack of light, the spots are PH problems or maybe a lack of something, no its PH.
          At the top of this page is a link to "Plant Problems" with nice pics and right ups with details.
          Last edited by Rwise; 11-13-2021, 08:16 AM. Reason: speeeelllling

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a plant like that one. It's really hard to guess what the problem is by looking at 2 pictures. if you provide more information on the grow, forum members could help diagnose the problem. I think the "useless" comments just meant that the plant isn't worth the concern. It is not going to produce anything worthwhile and likely will not be very potent assuming it yields anything at all.

Based on the image of the fan leaf I'd say it's a combination of problems including nutrient deficiencies. That pale green is indicative of nitrogen deficiency and the spots a magnesium and calcium deficiency
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

All I can say here is I mostly agree with everything said so far. How can you grow a 4 ft tall plant with no branches at all? Why are you wasting your time with it? Ridiculous! Until you read up on growing either on GWE or any grow info site you will continue to waste time and money on a project you have made no attempt to learn what the hell you are doing. It does not appear that you are even using a decent light. Why are you bothering to try without a little research and study on the subject. Did someone tell you you could just drop a seed and wait to cut off buds? Have you ever even seen a Marijuana plant? Maybe look at some pics here and wonder? If this post is insulting or annoying to you, that's too damn bad! I'm not going to waste my time trying to help when you have no interest in helping yourself!
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Could that be an actual hemp plant? Maybe just a freak?
                If you've been growing in that window, you haven't gotten much UV or other beneficial light, so it might not be light damage. This is coming from US window standards. After a certain year, windows were required to provide E-values. Values that show how efficient at keeping out harsh light and heat. You look like you have double pane windows. Looks like wood sash? Your glass is fairly modern and might not be as good a place as you think. Houseplants are great in that sort of space, but not weed.
                It looks like you have a bud at the top of your plant? How old? It might be late flowering fan die-off. Give us a good shot of the top of your plant.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

What the heck is going on with all these london posts?
                  These are the weirdest plants I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Really? @sandyinlondon... I'm not going to reply to all three posts and questions, cause all are the same answer. Go back to the main site GWE. Click on Start Here. And do some reading. Looking at your pics...Why do you have 13 or 22 liter pots with only 4 liters of soil? They arent even half full? Obviously have root issues Spots are quite evident of a major problem...theres a whole section on that. It has pictures too! And the Beanstalk in the back window? At what point are you gonna say...hmmmm that dont look right? Chop that thing down for fire wood.
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thank you for nearly all replies, many of which (eg Rwise and dilvish...) are helpful.

I have actually been reading GWE pages, tutorial and forums diligently for 4 months now since I first started my first grow in July. But I am still a comlete beginner yet to harvest anything...

This super tall plant lives in the same grow tent as all the others, but is a different strain; it was sold to me a "Moneyfruit auto silver leaf".

It was in the window just for review and a photo...

3 weeks ago this plant was less than a foot high and similar in size asnd shape to all the others. Then I went away on vacation - a friend watered all the plants in my absence. When I returned home 2 days ago this plant (only) has shot up to over 3 feet tall as shown; I have no idea why, as it received as much or as little light as all the others in the same tent. None of the other plants in the tent showed such a growth spurt.

In the growth spurt it may have come too close to my lights which is why I asked about possible light burn...

I will post some more pictures later today and would still appreciate comments more useful than use it for firewood.

Comment

Typical growth of a male plant, it will stretch between nodes (limbs) and grow taller than the girls, it will not be as bushy though I have seen some bushy males. Also IF this tall boy is an auto how old is he? Yes I think you may well have a male, watch for dangly balls and be ready to remove him. Yes I could be wrong, just look up what a male looks like now so you know what to look for.
                        It may help you and us to put all your plants in 1 post, give us info on what the roots set in, and IF there is coco in there how did you prep it?

Comment

The seed was sold to me as a feminised auto..I will take a look for some balls.

Seed germinated 2 months ago.

Coco not preped but baiught as premixed coco/perlite

Comment

IDK if the coco you have was prepreped or not, it may say on the bag, IDK. I dont use it myself.
                            Seed banks have made many mistakes, if this is an auto it should be in flower now, from 3 weeks old (do read the specks as there are some now that take 8 weeks to start and make much larger plants). One of my own auots takes 8 weeks to start flowers, it gets 7+ feet tall and yielded more bud than my photos this year. The stretch may indicate it is about to flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X