Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 chamber indoor tent setup

Hello all,

I'm setting up my tent for indow growing, seeing that it might actually support running a "crop" approximately every couple of months.
    Tent is very small, but have 3 "chambers" so I'm guessing it can be done like this:

Tent setup
    See attached pic.

Germination/Storage:
    - Air is being filtered and extracted here.
    - This is also where I store some metal trays, a couple of glasses for soaking the seeds etc.
    - After an overnight soak in water seeds go into initial pots and down into Veg-chamber.

Vegetative: (I wish it was a bit bigger!)
    - I initially use some Gladpack foil over the initial pots to raise heat and RH a bit.
    - Punch a few extra holes in the Gladpack as the days go by
    - Drop the Gladpack and transplant as needed
    - Guessing they spend a total of 8 weeks here

Flowering:
    - 8-10 weeks then harvest

Guess the cool thing is that when moving pots from Veg to Flowering another batch can be started - more or less...
    Perhaps wait a couple of weeks first to avoid too much Veg. time while waiting for a crop to finish flowering.

What do you guys think? Viable? Just scale up as needed?

/stride
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stridex; 11-08-2021, 10:59 AM.

Hey stridex . What you have there is a perpetual harvest tent. Probably 2x3x4.5. Same thing I have in my closet. The seedling and veg chambers had t-5 bulbs and the flowering chamber had a 350w Viparspectra LED. Plenty happy with it's functionality. The only drawback was I had to tape the hell out of the seams of the partition since I had different light schedules.
    In the end I found that keeping it 2 chamber was better. Feminized seeds. Flowering is your most important phase. You can veg as long as you want but the plant determines how long it wants to flower. As soon as you move your vegged plants to flower, throw down your next seeds. Vegging in a tight space means a good bit of training. Since your first grow will be the only plants you have, start out in your flowering chamber. This will give you good experience in training that you can use on your veg plants.
    I am able to keep my tent open when lights are on. It's a good way to keep your tent from getting too hot without running your ventilation system all the time.
    Here are a few pictures of my first grow.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      Hey stridex . What you have there is a perpetual harvest tent. Probably 2x3x4.5. Same thing I have in my closet. The seedling and veg chambers had t-5 bulbs and the flowering chamber had a 350w Viparspectra LED. Plenty happy with it's functionality. The only drawback was I had to tape the hell out of the seams of the partition since I had different light schedules.
      In the end I found that keeping it 2 chamber was better. Feminized seeds. Flowering is your most important phase. You can veg as long as you want but the plant determines how long it wants to flower. As soon as you move your vegged plants to flower, throw down your next seeds. Vegging in a tight space means a good bit of training. Since your first grow will be the only plants you have, start out in your flowering chamber. This will give you good experience in training that you can use on your veg plants.
      I am able to keep my tent open when lights are on. It's a good way to keep your tent from getting too hot without running your ventilation system all the time.
      Here are a few pictures of my first grow.
      Super, thanks - once I switch to 12/12 I'll start a few new ones. First few ladies just popped out of the ground

Agreed, two chambers makes sense.

When it comes to fans...
      I'm guessing an oscillating one in the Veg chamber to strengthen stems and branches. Perhaps a more static one in the Flowering chamber blowing under the canopy, to keep things healthy.

It's funny how airflow and RH can be tuned. Flowering -> Veg -> Out. RH will rise, which is perfectly fine.

/stride

Comment

An oscillating fan in a 2x2 space is overkill, expensive, and difficult to mount. I use Hurricane clip on fans. They are easy to move around and don't take mounting that many oscillators need.
        You can even get away with a few well placed muffin fans. They take the least space but need some sort of mount.
        Fans do more than help make sturdy stems. A bonus a lot of people don't talk about is how circulation can help keep out flying insects. A breeze across the soil will help get rid of, or keep out most flyers.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Rik
          Rik commented
          Editing a comment
          What’s a muffin fan?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Computer fans.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X