White Powdery Mildew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Powdery Mildew

While harvesting a recent grow I found some WPM on the lower leaves of the plant. I was planning on starting this tent up again in the next couple of weeks.
    What is the best method for disinfecting the tent? Muskie Man
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

MuskieMan . I'm going to go against the grain and say forget disinfecting the tent unless it is never opened. Your WPM came from the air, not the mylar. If leaves have touched the sides of the tent, sure, alcohol or H2O2. People say they use bleach. I can not fathom my tent ever smelling like bleach. Nor Lysol or other disinfecting sprays.
    Some grow in basements but will still sterilize their tent when it's the damp basement doing the thing.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

mold spores in general are everywhere. Disinfecting the tent may or may not be necessary it's really a personal choice. learn how to avoid mold build up by correcting humidity, PH, fertilization, and even light sources as even issues like not enough full spectrum light can cause the plant to become anemic
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Thanks Gingerbeard, I got the WPM when I harvested my outdoor plants in my grow room... I used a fan for drying and the spores probably got spread around and into my tent... I will spray and scrub the tent with alcahol a couple of times before starting an new grow... Muskie Man
        Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
        Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
        Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
        Circulation 2 six inch fans.
        Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
        Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

I clean out the tent and then use a UV/Ozone generator light bulb which in theory will destroy anything organic including you if you breath it and the UV is strong so it can harm your eyes. Be sure your lung room is well ventilated. Instructions say a few minutes but i leave mine a lot longer as more is better when killing pests, right? How effective is it i don't really have a clue but i don't have mold however my average humidity runs in the mid 20's. I say all this for informational purposes. I offer no recommendation either way. Good luck!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I use Clorox Cleaner + Bleach spray. I wipe the room down from end to end, lights, fans, ext... Basically everything. I recently started using Green Clean to combat and as a preventive for WPM. It's expensive but came highly recommended from a few large scale growers i know. I'm in the north east and humidity runs rampant during the warm months. I will try anything to try and stay ahead of it. It also works for spider, broad and russet mites.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X