Brown weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown weed

Why do my weed turn brown after harvesting?

How do you handle you weed at harvest? Whats your process? Do you hang the whole plant? Do you cut stems and hang individually to dry? How long do you hang to dry? Dark space,lots of air circulation? low humidity?...could be many reasons. I've only had weed turn brown after about a year in jars..decarboxylation.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

IF you cut it and let it lay on the ground a few days it will brown up, light, moisture, and temps play a roll.
      So tell us how you did it, and maybe we can tell you what went wrong.

Comment

Because you have not learned how to harvest an dry. Just a thought.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Perhaps it's the strain. Did you plant Chocolate Drops or Brown Betty or perhaps the infamous Caramel Cinnamon Bun?
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Something fishy is going on, folks. Real fishy. The original poster's join date is 12-13-2017 and his first post was yesterday.

I figured it was the same sort of post as that one with the weed turning brown after three weeks in a jar. But that join date is strange.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

Good catch on the 'fishy', lol! If he's been lurking without a word that long you would think he would not start with such a lame question. What's up dude? Are you a troll??
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I think someone with administrative privileges is playing with us. Who do we know with administrative privileges?
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Who knows anymore

I finally figured out how to get something out of my pollen press.
                Filled with kief, closed, not pressed. Left in a bath of hot water for a few minutes. Twisted the press handle as hard as I could. Put back in hot water for a few minutes. Then twisted out.
                You can see in the picture which of the pucks had the most hot water treatment. The darker they are, the more hot water. They have cooled into hard little things.
                Is this hash? Hard to tell for sure with the likes of Farmbuck . He'll have an opinion.
                The press is fresh off the lathe and has sharp edges. I have three cuts. Got them all at once.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The only opinion I have is you have to cure it for a while..! Do you have the patience ? Nice pucks tho !!
                  Last edited by Farmbuck; 11-05-2021, 10:56 AM.

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The press thingy has piqued my interest so what is the diameter/weight of the puck?

is he talking about cannabis or dandelions?

doesn't matter...we are all to blame for this so lets just move on...
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X