Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! A new comer is here. Not a big problem but maybe someone knows what happens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have planted another plant along with the first one. Colleagues-growers do you have any ideas if anything wrong with it? It's like few days old.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6887.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	546389

Comment

Anyone has any ideas what is it?

Name:	photo_2021-11-11_18-36-02.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	546494

Comment

Hey there, IMO your seedling needs more light as it is stretching. You should add more soil and more roots will grow out from the stems.
        The long white things are called stipules and the little round thing is a calyx which is a bud start so it's telling you it's a girl!
        Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 11-11-2021, 12:23 PM.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• GreenHighness
          GreenHighness commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently there is about 3 feet distance to the light from it. I can just put it like 1-2 feet closer. No need to increase the lights i guess?

It's a girl! Very nice! Is it a start of flowering? Or not yet?

That is probably too high but not 2 feet closer cause they will fry that close depending on what light you are using. Read the light manufacturer specs as far as distance from plant. I strongly suggest you go read the GWE main site with all the tutorials and articles there. That will give you 99% of the answers you want and you can question anything you don't understand with us. After a year I still find new info there as it is constantly being upgraded.
        No not flowering yet on the larger one, you will see stipules (white hairs) at the flower sites at the growth tips. That's when you switch lights to 12/12. As I said all of this is explained in the tutorials. Happy pharming!
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• GreenHighness
          GreenHighness commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice! I have read one should still have18/6 for flowering stage for auto-plants to get a better yield. Like 12/12 is actual just for photoperiod plants. Happy pharming too!

When I am doing LST should I bent the stem in such a way that the flower places at the sides or one in the top and the other in the bottom? Thanks!

Exactly 4 weeks:

Name:	photo_2021-11-14_20-25-27.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	546933Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-11-14_20-24-12.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	546934Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-11-14_20-26-06.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	546935

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of my bendings do have a flower stem under the main stalk when it's bent. I've let it grow and pulled it away, twisted them alittle ( mostly with photo period they are more flexable than autos at 1 month ) or you could remove it.

• GreenHighness
          GreenHighness commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually it's already quite rigid and i am a bit afraid to bend it.

It's totally up to you this is a learning part i totally understand the hesitation. You will " feel " the point of stopping the pushing over, it's done with several pushes gently doesn't have to be 90 degrees remember it's learning to train. Wiggle it at that 19" mark on the last pic, boy i'd bend that slightly pin it down. You'll see it can be done just gotta be the master over the plant. LST will not slow down the growth rate it makes those side branches stronger.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

From time to time I try to bend the stem to check how far can I bend it but it's very rigid and each day it gets even more rigid.
          Some time ago I tried to pick a wild plant growing around on the dump (I hoped it contained some fun inside) and its stem had similar properties.
          It was very rigid and I broke it quite easy. Almost no bending happened. It cracked like a wooden stick though it remained connected with some fibers.
          I will experiment with training on the second younger plant.

Maybe it does make sense to put a net for scrog? Or it's too late as well?
          Maybe for increasing yield to add some side lights for the parts having less light?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            No i would not use a net now, if it's that rigid forget about it. Topping it would make it bush out more. Next time try it on a younger plant, let this one be.

5 weeks 3 days
          Click image for larger version  Name:	pablo.png Views:	0 Size:	448.7 KB ID:	547926

Comment

Any ideas what can be wrong with the tips started getting a bit yellowish?

Name:	photo_2021-12-03_13-19-12.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	548806Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-12-03_13-18-58_marked.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	548807Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-12-03_13-19-36.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	548808

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing to worry about it's tip burn from high N in the food.

• GreenHighness
              GreenHighness commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe for some time to water it just with water or 50% of the fertilizer?

• GreenHighness
              GreenHighness commented
              Editing a comment
              Also the top most leaves started praying (pointing the leaves upwards). It looks like the top got too close to the led lamps.
              I will try to move it further from it.

Are these leaves "praying" due too strong lights? Or it's normal "flat" position?
            It's still like 43cm / 17 inches to the lights from the very tip. I almost don't feel the heat of the lights by my hand at that position.

Click image for larger version  Name:	photo_2021-12-04_17-19-33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	548939

Comment

I thought it was a light burn but it seems it's nutrient deficiency. What do you think colleagues-growers?

Name:	photo_2021-12-06_21-15-35 (2).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	549141Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-12-06_21-14-36.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	549142Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2021-12-06_21-15-35.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	549143

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X