Photoperiod Plant - Critical 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoperiod Plant - Critical 2.0

Folks not sure if this girl is growing the way she should be. She is 40 days old. Been topped twice and FIM once on Oct 20th. I read they can take 3-4 months before you can harvest. The plant looks healthy but she's only 15 inches tall. I am a first time grower, so thought I would post and see what others feel. She is on 18/6 schedule. https://imgur.com/a/xG7gUrh

I'd have to say no, its not growing properly. Could be from the 2 toppings and fim, how good are your lights? Try and take some better pics and closer as well. Kinda tall and spindly, might wanna check and make sure its a girl. My photo girls are 45 days old give or take..just flipped to flower.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Here are two close ups. The lights are LED about 300 W. The lights are about 16" higher than the plant. Any suggestions to turn it around

Comment

About 300W? either they are or they are not. judging by that I'd say they are suffering from lack of proper full spectrum light.

More information about your grow would go a long way to helping diagnose your plants. Heat/humidity, PH levels, feeding and watering practices, type of medium (soil or coir) etc.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Ravi
          Ravi commented
          Editing a comment
          260 W to be exact. They don't have the King full spectrum. My two autos share a KP 1000 full spectrum rated at 145 W.

Hey Ravi The first thing I noticed in your imjur picture was your soil. It has gotten so low that you have exposed roots. You would have about a third, again, bigger root ball if you kept the soil topped. More roots mean bigger and healthier plants.

You say your light is a 300 watt LED. Chances are your LED is not actually putting out 300 watts worth of light. My ViparSpectra 350W puts out maybe half that. According to the ballast, my HLG 360 Elite only puts out 340 watts. The number they give the name of the light is misleading.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup I missed that about the roots...didn't notice until I just looked at the pic again. needs more soil ,more light... yadda yadda

• Ravi
          Ravi commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the soil tip. Shall fix before I water in two days. In my world, we don't get the good LED lights as in the Western world. So got to live with what I have.

@ Dilvish The medium is a mixture of 30% perlite and 70% a mixture of coco coir, vermi compost, regular compost and potting soil. All three of my plants are in 11 liter fabric pots. I water them every 8-10 days with nutrients - Liquid nitrogen, seaweed fertilizer and blackstrap molasses. Used to add at 50% dosages with every watering. I now do it every other watering. The water with or with the nutrients is around 6.8. Though the last time I watered them and collected the water the pH was close to 7.2. Temperatures are 25 C/19 C and a Humidity of 72%. I water till I see I water drain, typically 2-3 liters per pot. The fabric pots sit on a grill. To me, all plants have seem to have stalled. I have two autos and one photo growing. I shall upload my auto which was topped. It's pretty obvious that I need some major help. Thanks in advance to all tokers
        Last edited by Ravi; 11-01-2021, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          okay so 11 litre pots(3 gallon) will definitely see the plants grow smaller as they are photos. There definitely should be soil up to an inch from the top of the pot and watering every 8-10 days is not good. Even at 25C the pots are going to dry out completely in 8-10 days which is NOT what you want, especially with fabric pots. And drowning them with almost a full gallon of water at each watering doesn't make up for the 8-10 days. One final note: 72% humidity is too high especially at 25C. You will likely see mold, amongst other things. 50-60% is your target.

Seems like a lot of runoff.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Ravi
          Ravi commented
          Editing a comment
          The run off is very little. I typically stop when I see a little draining out

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          watering with almost a full gallon of water in a 3 gallon pot with not enough soil in the pot (see pic) should see a quite a bit of run off but then if you aren't watering for at least 8 days...the pot is likely bone dry.

I typically water them when I feel the soil around my first knuckle feels dry.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X