Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing

What is the optimal time for curing?

I’m not sure there really is an accepted ‘best’ amount of time. The GWE site says bud in jars will continue to improve up to 6 months but I think few people will wait that long. I think most people start sampling around 2 weeks and then into regular rotation after a couple months. Personally, I will sample a little to see what it is like but unless it looks phenomenal it will be at least a couple months before I get into it, although that probably has more to do with growing more than I can use and using whatever I am in the mood for. I also tend to make and use more edibles than anything else so I use my trim while my bud piles up. Not a bad problem to have 🙂

Comment

I have a few jars left from a year ago and I swear it's still getting better. I feel like a 2 month darkened cure is about how long a well balanced bud requires, but that's just my own personal opinion.

Comment

I use one quart jar for now using 3wk old curing bud. By the time i use another jar it's 2months old curing in the jar so yes i believe it just gets better with good seals on the jars.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

With a proper fade and drying period the bud will be at least smokable before curing. Still, I've had some Laughing Buddha that was unimpressive until after a six month cure, then it was outstanding.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Last year, I think I dried my harvest a little too fast and never let the jars stay closed for more than a few days before opening them. As a result, the nugs never got totally rid of a hint of that grassy smell until you ground them and only then did I get a really nice odor. This year, thanks to cooler temps, I was able to extend the drying process to about 5 days. I plan to burp the jars for about two weeks and then, if no adjustments are necessary, tighten the jars down and put them away for at least a month before I open them for the first time. I too have enough from last year to last me until the process finishes, so I want to give this every chance to turn out as good as possible. Any body have any comments or suggestions?

Comment

• Floopydoop
              Floopydoop commented
              Editing a comment
              Look up the Lotus Slow Cure for cannabis. I find it extremely useful here when harvest time temps can be in the 90's, wash em, let them dry for a half a day, in to paper bags in the fridge. Supposed to lose less terpenes at the colder temp, just be sure to remove any baking soda first!

IMHO different strains/hybrids take different times in cure, example 1 is GG4 which I understand why the gorilla name when first "cured" took a hit and that damn gorilla popped up in front of me, stuck his hairy ass arm down my throat ripped my lungs out and slapped me up both sides of the face then stuck my lungs back in. Once I could breath again, I was of course disappointed, sealed the jar and didn't touch any it for months. I decided to do concentrates with it, and could not resist loading a bowl, damn its nice now, only took 6 months! Another, Example 2, Greasy Grapes was pleasant as soon as it was dry.
            I too have many jars from last years grow, I'll reduce some of it, but I do so luv variety!

Comment

• soonboomer
              soonboomer commented
              Editing a comment
              We're supposed to get big storms around midnight tonight. Just checked my last plant and she's maybe 10-15% amber.......might have to take her late this afternoon.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I took down the BB4 yesterday before the rain sets in, got here about 3:30 am.

Man I must not be growing enough. I can barely make it between harvests lol. Doesn't help I supply family members as well. I would like a jar of 6 month cures cannabis. Maybe I'll actually get some put away next harvest.
            640 watt hlg quantum board
            320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
            300 watt mars hydro sp3000
            150 watt hlg quantum board
            100 watt spider farmer led x2
            organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
            Water only i don't check ph
            6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL Cloud you grow very well your patients are lucky to have you and so are your family gifters. I have stashed a jar or two for myself on occation LOL

• Floopydoop
              Floopydoop commented
              Editing a comment
              If you live in California I have good news for you. Might even be able to find a jar of Super Silver Haze been curing a year.

Best time to cure them is when they are finished growing.
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X