Bud Rot to Edibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Rot to Edibles

Can I make edibles out of bud that got bud rot. It’s only bud rot not White Powdered Mildew

Hey Redempt . If someone offered you an edible made with bud rot, would you eat it? Forget the bud that might still be bud. Just the rot.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Well I would I have no problem eating it if I know there’s nothing wrong with it and nothing can go wrong

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. Didn't mean to be a smartass.
        Don't use bud rot buds. They will continue to rot. Anything you extract from them will be rotten.

Be safe for your self and others, toss that nasty rotten shit in the garbage. Some folks are highly allergic to bud rot and other molds/spores, file me there!
      Hey if you wish to try something, gather those bud worms, freeze dry them, decarb them, chocolate cover them and enjoy.

Comment

Yes you can make edibles with the rot. Yes you can also smoke the rot. It might make you sick, could be deadly, or it might not do anything to you. The vast majority of people on here do not consume bud rot, myself included. If you are looking for proof that it is safe, your probably not going to find that here.
        DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
        TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
        Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
        10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
        50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
        8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
        2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
        w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
        2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
        2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
        GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
        Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
        . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
        Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Would you fry bad eggs? What about rotten meat? Same thing.

Comment

Be like the rest of us and accept it when you get bud rot. Toss that shit

Comment

The only way I found is to get rid of the mold anyhow. You have to boil several times after decarboxylation of the bud rot. After all there may have a bit risk in case of rot bud.

Comment

Heat nor cold kills the spores.

Comment

To clarify re the recent bud washing post something that may not have been clear - bud washing is not the same as sterilizing. You can’t kill all of the pathogens. All of the wash instructions you will find are basically gentle vegetable washes with natural products. They will get rid of most dirt/bugs/many residues/spores etc (as you can see from the leftover water) but it is mild and more about washing than killing. You will kill some of the baddies but the target is more of a sanitary wash not a full sterilize. The intent is to dispose of bud that has rot and then try to wash away any remaining spores on bud not yet impacted. Bud that has already been impacted will always be mushy/fuzzy/brown or some combination thereof because it has already been impacted. Even if you could confirm it is a 100% a non-toxic type of fungus and wash away or kill every spore you still would hesitate to use it because the texture can’t be fixed. Also, if the mold goes active in the jar it will be a gross ammonia smelling mess. I say this as someone who would happily eat the moldiest cheeses, anything that needs fermenting, mushrooms of all kinds etc. There are great opportunities to make use of beneficial microbes but I just don’t think this is it. With that said, if anybody finds any good scientific articles I reserve the right to learn something new.

Comment

Time to beat a dead horse, your information is FALSE and should not be followed.
                    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Do your homework on this before you harm your self or some one else. The best thing to do with moldy weed is toss it in the trash.

Comment

Here's the way I think of it. Yeast eats sugar, poops CO2 and pees alcohol. When the yeast is killed or dies the sugar doesn't come back and the metabolites are left behind. But most micros aren't as cool as yeast and some leave bad things behind. Killing the growth doesn't mean what's left is good.
                        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

My two cents' worth: FUCK NO.
                          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from with your analogy about yeast and the metabolites they leave behind. It's a great way to explain the process. You're right that not all microorganisms behave the same way, and sometimes they can leave behind not-so-great byproducts.

When it comes to bud rot and edibles, it's definitely important to be cautious. Even if the rot is removed, it doesn't necessarily mean that what's left is safe or desirable. Ensuring the quality and cleanliness of the ingredients is crucial.​

By the way, if you're looking for the best dispensaries in Boston, I've heard there are some fantastic options available. They have knowledgeable staff and a wide selection of products. It might be worth checking them out!
                            Last edited by Shamshoo; 06-14-2023, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X