Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Decided I had to do some very light LST on the bushiest plant to try and open her up and get some light down inside the plant. Also took off a large handful of fans from each plant. The 3rd auto definitely looks like it’ll be considerably smaller and less yield, so topping it certainly seems to have stunted the growth.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks very much

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    Those are very nice plants !! I will be interested in your smoke report . Outstanding grow !!

• MagicMike66
    replied
    I’ve been amazed at these myself. If the bud quality is as good, I’ll be doing autos more in future. Too many bud sites to count but easy 30+ per plant

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Massive autos, did you count the bud sites? Nice strain to be blessed with a big yield. Those colas in pic #4 sure are purdy.

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Two main plants seem to have finished their stretch and are now focusing on bud growth. I took a big handful of leaves from the plant on the left, she’s still very bushy in comparison but don’t want to get carried away. The other is looking like it’ll be a decent yielder. I tried some LST on the 3rd plant at the back… geez the stems on an auto sure do get firm really quick, queue a snapped stem! So I’ve taped it up and that’ll be the last of my training on this one haha. Early signs are that topping this will result in a smaller plant than the others.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    This grow has also got me really thinking about how I’ll grow in future, in terms of defoliation anyway. I’ve always been pretty heavy with it on my photos previously, thinking I’ve been increasing yield when in reality I’ve been hurting it by taking off too many fans and also the wrong fans at the wrong time. I realise these are autos and completely different but i will be going back to basics in my next photo grow and learning more from there. Growing the weed has by far and away become more of a habit than smoking ever has been!

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Here’s my 3rd auto seed that’s slowly catching up with her sisters. I topped it a wee while ago and now it’s starting to grow some weird (but hopefully) good growth. I’ll be happy if I get 3 colas for the price of 1 on each node! I was going to train and LST this one but with how well the others have grown I’m just going to leave it at topping.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I lost 3 of these myself

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Those are some nice, big autos. I like gelato, a lot. All of my gelato auto seeds were duds.

• Going2fast
    replied
    Let them finish their stretch. Then you can remove a few if you want. It doesn't take much to stunt autos so go slow. Looking awesome btw.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Amazed at the growth of these in a week. One of them is much bushier than the other so I’ve had to do a light defol on it. Would you guys remove more or just leave them be? *they’re a bit droopy cos they were due a feed* apart from that no issues at all. Topped and removed the first set of nodes from the small late starter at the back.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    These are frosty gelato from growers choice my friend

• Going2fast
    replied
    MagicMike66 what strain are you running?

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Plants into week 5 and now just starting to flower. Gave them a top dressing of Ecothrive charge (mealworm castings). Should be ready just in time for a nice festive treat. If they stretch like a photo, these are going to be some beasts!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X