Cleaning an LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning an LED

After cleaning my fans, I realized the fan and workings of my LED might also need cleaning. Before I open the unit, can anyone think of any hurdles I might face? The warranty is long expired so I'm not worrying about breaking that little void seal.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Hummmm you might not get to the finish line. Just sayin !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      More current draw with 110v. I took 20kv in turning on a high voltage generator. No amperage there,. just an arc and a flash. Didn't hurt a bit just was a little silly for awhile.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard I change my mind, go ahead and clean it but keep it plug non ?

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      To save time and water, FB, would you suggest bathing with it be efficient and effective? I use Ivory soap and Head and Shoulders shampoo. If I turn my portable showerhead to pulse I can put it under the bath water and make a jacuzzi. Of course I'll wear an aluminum foil hat. What color would you say this is?

But, uh... what about cleaning it?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Would you like a free lunch with that? Geez you know I don't give iNSTRUCTION! oK fINE! sTEP 1 > uNplug the lights!! If a quant board use a well wrung out microfiber cloth and wipe gently then be sure to air dry awhile before you plug them back in. That's all I got, if you want more you will have to solicit more on GWE! If you have a blurple light in a can you can get a can of compressed air at a hardware store or online and blow out the dust. Wipe the fan blades if you can and they will run more quietly and efficiently. All warranties expressed or implied are heretofore canceled, voided and denied vehemently. These NON instructions will self destruct in 30 seconds!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that TABO. Because of the information herein, about my electrical experience, I don't like messing with straight electrical stuff. I need moving parts.

TOKABIGONE My experience was winding up on my back, on the middle of a grocery store aisle. I came to with my supervisor standing over me, telling me to get up. I asked him if he knew what just happened. He told me to go get rubber gloves. I got the gloves, walked by supervisor, slapped package of gloves on his chest and said, 'You do it, asshole.' A short time after, I enlisted in the US Army.
      As a kid, I licked the track of our electric slot car setup. That was just a shock. No biggie.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        So I see that even as a kid you were cocky and rude huh?

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        As a kid I was bullied. As a mid-late teen, not cocky. A rude asshole. That's why I enlisted. I came out an alcoholic with no self confidence, hooked on tobacco, and with a belly from eating army food and booze.
        Now? Well, you're going to have to check your own morals for those adjectives.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X