Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O3 (Ozone) air filtration as a fix for PM and fungus abatement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O3 (Ozone) air filtration as a fix for PM and fungus abatement?

With a wet summer, in a wet basement I fought PM and fungus and finally pulled the plug on all operations to revamp. My local shop recommended I use an Ozone air treatment (A machine which generates O3) in addition to the bleach and peroxide I have been using to spray everything down.... Has anyone heard of or used this? Other options? I have already decided I am only going to try to used the space in the winter when humidity is not an issue.... Or will this always haunt this location for future grows?

Thanks for all guys and gals!
    Old school outdoor renegade finally indoors and legit.
    5x5 DIY flower room with 3 nets. 600w Hid mars hydro 600(100w) and Chinese led (150w actual).. Promix C coco mix +20% course perlite. General hydro nutes at slightly under full dose+ cal mag and molasses every other water.
    wishing you peace on your particular path....

going out on a limb here but O3 is supposed to kill anything organic so mold (or plants) which are organic in nature should be dead. However you must consider is the toxin organic enough to be changed by the O3? It is I believe a chemical so does it remain after the mold is dead?
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 10-18-2021, 07:49 PM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Hey Yoopergarden . The mold is coming from your damp basement. Two seconds after you sanitize your tent, it will be contaminated because the spores are in the air. It's a good idea to kill what's there, but not the cure-all.
      I would suggest a positive pressure room with a HEPA filter on the supply to help get the mold out of the air before it gets to your plants. That and a dehumidifier might do better than a single sanitizing with O3 or bleach or whatever you use.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I use a UV/ozone light for tent sanitizing, but you can only use it on equipment not living plants. GB is right about the spores in the basement. If you are going to grow there I would suggest reducing the humidity of the overall environment.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

a DIY grow room may be the problem. a proper tent and a decent dehumidifier and a decent fan may be all you need. Have you tested the level of humidity in the basement? The grow environment must be properly sealed in order to control humidity especially in a room that is consistently humid.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X