Question about autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about autos

For those of you that grow autos on a regular basis, the question is why. This is my first venture into autos and the plant seems small in stature and it still takes quite a while to grow. Maybe it's just the particular strain, GG4, but I am now on week 11 and 4 days and it looks like I have another 3-4 weeks to go. Is this "normal"? The buds are getting sticky and filling out, but they're going to be small. On the other hand, I have an Orange Sherbert that is 9 weeks old and over 3 feet wide. Both are indoor grows sitting together. Just wondering.
    Attached Files

Here's a couple answers for you.

Now 4 weeks 4 days so about 7 weeks behind you

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211016_142346.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	542950

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_161737.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.54 MB ID:	542951
    Not enough? Go look at Farmbuck's 7 week autos for more...

Yes photos will almost always be bigger and probably produce more product but will not do it near as fast on average. It's a compromise. I did it because I had a couple months to fill before I start my next photo run.
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 10-17-2021, 03:08 PM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Some say you can't top or train an auto...Here's living proof above ^ Might have slowed them a couple days but not much!

• bmeuptoo
      bmeuptoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, those are much bushier than mine. Now I'm waiting for these to finish. They're beginning to fill out, but they, just look like dwarf's compared with yours..

I'm growing GG4 autos for the very first time. Here some pics at day 1 of week 7. Hope it will help you.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Got in just before you Farmbuck, lol!

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn !! lollll

Hey bmeuptoo . Here are a few more things to consider.
    It is very possible to get bum seeds from the best seed banks. I'll bet my next dab that you didn't get your seeds the same place as these other good people. It is also very possible that your GG4 strain is not the same as other GG4 strains. Not all growers are 100% legit about what seeds they're actually selling. My last harvest produced a plant with nice looking flowers but not a single trichome or smell that I could find. The others were nothing spectacular but the one was a real bummer.
    Take a look at other growers' grow information at the bottom of their posts. You aren't growing like anyone else. Different soil, nutes, light, atmosphere, breeder. Some of these old heads have been growing for many years. They have their poop in a group.
    If you grow different strains in the same tent, there will be differences. I got so excited with my last seed purchase that I wound up sprouting four strains. I can't remember which is which but one grows tall and the another likes a SOG. It takes plant training to get things to grow evenly.
    So, buck up! You have produced the best you are able to produce. You will smoke or process it. You will be on the fence whether you are satisfied. It'll get the job done, but leave you with the feeling that you could have done better.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      It was lime Farmbuck

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      The part I hated was hovering over a big brown cone covered with black flies....never lingered long!

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      God...DAMN I loves me some indoor plumbing!!!

Week 7 of my 2 autos
    Attached Files

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job! I'm at week 5 and still stretching with tight nodes go figure! As they fatten they will stack tight! I'm happy with progress of my first auto.

Many strains come in both Auto or Photo. There isn't any real difference other than size IMHO. Autos tend to grow slightly faster and smaller. That's it in a nutshell but of course there could be many variables in this particular grow. Growing conditions, breeder of seeds, age of seeds etc. all play a part.

I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Just say No
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X