How many freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many freezes

My Wild Thai has been hit by two freezing nights, -3 Celsius with long slow warm up. How much of this can a girl take ? Will she let me know when she’a had enough. She’s close to ready. I have two clones in pots that I’m bringing inside at night. Thinking of finishing them under the 400 watt mh. It wouldn’t bother me terribly if they reveged.

Man if she were mine i'd stick her in a warmer spot even a garage just to not let that mold set in. Oh is she in the ground? Bummer then. I would finish just enough to bring her out of the limpness. Shame to let her get all moldy Jimmy. I'm taking down one today that's all cloudy tiny specs of amber not as much as i like but she's suffering from catipillar invasion, thankfully not much but enough to call it. And it's in the low 40s and rain begins again snow in the mountains for tonight. Keep her safe
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Wow dude, that's a holiday tree for sure, nice job. Looks like it already took a stress hit from the cold, big fan leaves droopy. When it freezes hard then thaws you will know, all those drooping leaves will just wilt like a wet paper towel and hang straight down when they thaw. Be ready to harvest quick when the time comes.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

personal opinion, you’re lucky you haven’t lost them all after more than the first freeze. Typically when it gets to this point, cover for the overnight and thaw if iced before the sun touches and pray to the herb gods... Good luck with the almost there.
        Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
        Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
        Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
        Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
        Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

She’s way up firm and high again !!! If I can keep her till Tuesday, the guy who donated the seeds will be back in town. Would like for him to see it. It’s a beautiful sunny day in southern BC. +17 or 62 degrees.

Comment

Heart Breaker.

Comment

There hasn’t been high humidity here and I run a fan on her all day. The fan draws exhaust from my wall furnace, so she gets doses of C02 all day. I think that helps perk her up in the morning. My son is 20 km east of me and he has to pay closer attention to mold possibilities. The weather prediction for my area is temps of +8 overnight with rain at 5 am. We’re Golden now, my worries are over. If the rain keeps up I’ll bend her over so I can get my pop up over her. Days away...
              Last edited by Jimmynuetron; 10-09-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I know water is something to avoid on your buds but if you do get stuck and just need a day or two to get to your harvesting I recall someone once telling me that they rescue their strawberry fields if they are expecting a late frost by turning on the sprinklers. The water is warmer than freezing and won’t let frost form. You would need to do it periodically during the night but it could buy you a day or two.

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
                  Jimmynuetron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, I tried the mister trick yesterday morning, but at -6 c it just made a green popsicle. She’s down now...

• DeadlyFruit
                  DeadlyFruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don’t want to laugh but that is quite a visual! That’s too bad it didn’t work. I think when they did it it was with a full on irrigation system rather than a mister so perhaps it is volume f water related (or maybe they can control the temp of the sprinkler water to make it warmer). In any case I really am sorry it didn’t work for you.

I like that thought, out there a few times during the night with a mister, I’d try it, but we’re warming up for a few more days before the full moon. I believe it will stay warm till Friday

Comment

One can wash frost off but it must be done before the sun shines on them, our girls can take 28*(F) and survive. I would cover if possible for rain/ice, good luck!

Comment

Keeping my finger crossed for ya buddy. I would worry more about the wet than the cold. I cut my wild Thai yesterday. Gonna be 39 on wed morning. Hoping to get some purple on my sativas.

Comment

My Thai came from World of Seeds. Really happy with her. Hope to bring back some memories from the 70s.

Comment

We are more prone to wpm where I am.
                        My son was at work and his wife was hunting so I go out and check the house, the cat, the plants, and I had to take his plants down cause mold was starting. I fought wpm here last year on my Northern Lights auto, and I fight it two years ago indoor on my Lemon Haze.

Comment

We got a wee drizzle last night, the deck and patio are barely wet. As soon as dawn breaks, or I can see her reaching, I’m going to turn the fan and furnace on. Just waiting for some light so I can see.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X