Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I lift my pots to check on them, I try to water every five days, if they are still heavy I wait a day, does coco work well in plastic pots?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Well i still lift the pot to feel the weight in order to water. I normally can go 4 days between watering indoors more frequent with smaller pots, yes it drains well.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    With CocoLoco no, it’s just like soil, only better IMO

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    will watering be more frequent?

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    thanks DeadlyFruit , why I smoke weed only now, I don't do tobacco or alcohol, or anything else

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    better breathing for the roots, you still have to water more often right?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    You could mix more plain potting mix old mix with it just so roots don't go into lockout i'm just cautious with fert soils. Lots of perilite though like 70% soil 30% perilite even though it's got some in the coco loco, mix more. Keep it light an fluffy to get them roots established.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I have a whole bag of it and need to get rid of it, so instead of wasting it, I thought this would be the best way, (I veg under a 100 watt t5) until 8 weeks, I transplant into a larger pot.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    I've not used the dry but you could with older plants, i use just plain soils for seedlings. I think it may be OK for 6wk old transplants but i've not used hot soils for seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    would you say I could use dry nutes? Like fox farms happy frog 5-5-5?

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    I just saved this to my grow list, so I can remember. So lucky on your harvest, from what I seen you should have a considerable yield, *sigh* I still have at least two weeks on mine.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Ace1973 I use it like soil i just mix in a generous amount in the soil totes i use. I will ad 1/2 cubic yard bail mix it with a bag of perilite then use my old potting soils or new soils with out any ferts in it. Then i'll mix in 2-3lbs of worm casings and garden compost that's been very well broken down. I also love to top dress mid grow with some wormcasings a handfull or so in a 5gal fabric pot i use for photos. Yes i do feed bloom nutes few weeks into flower and unsulferated molasses later in the flowering. I'm sure i left out some stuff but i just got through trimming 2hrs on 1/2 a plant from outside and i'm blurry vision

Leave a comment:

• Ace1973
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I am going to try the coco loco first, I really want to know what I am getting myself into before I start, I will need a ph pen probably as I do not use one with soil grows,( the ffof and ffhp both have ingredients that regulate ph). I have seen some coco grows on here that make me drool and want to try it out.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I only switched to straight Coco because I’m using AutoPots. I have a couple plants that aren’t in the AutoPots but I put them in the coco coir as well and I’ve been hand watering them. From what I can tell with pure coco so far, unless you’re going to some type of automatic watering system, stick to soil or cocoloco for hand watering. Unless daily watering is your thing, then you’d probably like coco. No buffer either so deficiencies are more prevalent

• Ace1973
    replied
    Thanks guys, in a couple of grows I may try coco loco fist, before going to pure coco w/ perlite. I will probably have more questions then.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X