Pest identification issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pest identification issue

My plant has small translucent looking bugs that move around rapidly & seem to be fighting with each each as they run into one another. They have some brown color towards the upper body. It looks like the have long antennae's on each side of their heads that they fling around as they fight with each other. I've tried Neem oil, Garden Insecticidal soap & the Monterey Garden Insect Spray. None has worked. I've actually tried a recipe from a video....Tree Tea Oil Soap, Peppermint Oil soap, peroxide & alcohol 70%. That actually seems to either kill them or stun them for one day then they're back just as wide as before. I actually only see them in the soil.
    Suggestions????
    Thanks,
    Sue

A picture would identify the bug in about three seconds. Do a general google on the bug you describe. You might see what you're looking for.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

If you only see the little vermin in the soil - take the soil away from them - how? - 1/2 inch of sand on top of the soil. Watering is still possible through the sand.

I had some kind of spiders that were webbing my buds- I sprayed them 99% alcohol - 9 parts wster to one part alcohol. Killed them all - I can still see some of them but they ain't moving.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        They're not moving because they're drunk @Canuck174 . Wait for the hangover to go away.

Hello. Gracie sorry for the pest :-( what Gingerbeard said. Pictures and or Google. Canuck147 sounds like spider mites. Not good. Alcohol water mixture works. But it only works on the ones that are alive. You can use hydrogen peroxide and water also. Read up on spider mites. Spider mites lay a ton of eggs everyday and every 3 days they hatch if I remember correctly. I'm a stoner so I forget. LOL. I would do treatments daily if possible for the next week. Just to make sure you kill all spider mites and eggs. One can destroy your crop in a matter of a week or two. I've heard people call them the Borg. LOL. Be careful they'll stick to your clothes and end up all over your house. Once they start there hard to stop. Good luck. And everybody happy growing

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Spider mites don't do a lot of flying around Larry1 .

I appreciate everyone's input. I doubt that I can get a picture of them. Very tiny even with a good magnifier. There's no webbing that I can see anywhere. Wouldn't spider mites have some webbing around?

Comment

Gracie I was saying sorry about your pest issues. I was agreeing with Gingerbeard. If you can post a picture great. If not Google and YouTube is your best friend. Google pictures of bugs that like cannabis. Match the picture with the bug. Good luck and happy growing :-)

Comment

• Gracie
          Gracie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! It's been really frustrating to say the least.

Gingerbeard I was agreeing with you on the first topic about Googling and pictures. That would be best bet. And no spider mites don't fly at all. Unless the wind from a fan catches their webbing and they go flying off I guess. LOL. My reply about the spider mites was to Canuck147. Canuck147 was talking about having a spider issue and webbing. How they had treated the spiders but there's still a few around. I was just throwing in my two cents about trying to get rid of them completely. Cuz if there's one there's another. And then that could possibly be your whole crop in a week or two.

Comment

Hey Larry1 . I went back and reread your post. This time, I used punctuation and saw the period after 'Pictures and or google.' My bad.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard no worries at all my fellow farmer. I do speech to text because I'm kinda old and I'm a stoner so sometimes things don't always come across the way I want them to. Either way I hope both of them get their pest problems figured out. I've had my bouts with thrips fungus gnats and just recently a small bout with spider mites. At least I think it's over. LOL. Either way all pest suck but I wouldn't wish spider mites on my worst enemy. LOL. Happy growing:-)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X