Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THC inflation. What labs can you trust? THC % as a lie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THC inflation. What labs can you trust? THC % as a lie.

We have considerable discussion about percent THC. Here is an article about "THC inflation" (i.e., labs lying about test results).

I think we all realize though that the percent advertised by a breeder can be a lie, or (conversely) be true as the work of a professional under optimal grow conditions. I know THC is only a part of the entourage affect but there sure is a focus on THC percent. When somebody says they grew Bubba Kush and it's 25% THC, that's a nonsense claim unless a reputable lab confirms your result.

Keegan Skeate was working the night shift when he first heard about the scam. The 26-year-old was only a few months into his new job at Praxis Laboratory, a Was…

PeterMatanzas . Your last five words say it all. If you can't trust the people you buy from, go somewhere else. I check for which lab my product comes from and look to see which producers use which labs. After trying several brands, I'm somewhat confident in the THC content I buy. Live resins and terp crystals are chock full of little THC crystals. Some have much larger, about a BB in size while some have table salt size.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Sheesh. Those labs make seed companies look honest and upright with their claims by comparison. This is what happens when grow ops hit the natural plateau of THC strength and still think they have to go higher or they can't compete. Greed makes people stupid and evil. My staple strain, Purple Haze, isn't advertised by ILGM any higher THC concentration than 20% yet the effects aren't equaled by the dispensary weed claiming 27% on its label that my friend brought me.

I just finished "test driving" some of my latest harvest of Tangie, Kosher Kush and Blueberry from a nearly organic coco grow. None of these breeders (DNA & Dutch Passion) claim THC levels over 20% yet I stayed good and high through the college football games yesterday and didn't come down until this morning! The bowls all burned to a nice white ash with little of it left behind and no harsh effects on my throat. All of these plants had some degree of intentional of accidental pollination too!
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you UndergroundFarmer getting the cure down, aceing the harvest time. I'm pretty damn pleased with my rec. grows for personel use.

Greed explains it all, I dont go running out to buy their buds, I dont trust the system or the folks working within it. A little lie can make a ton of money, and if folks stop buying your product, you just change the name its sold under, or sell the operation to another cheat.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW, what I have seen/tasted from the dispo, I grow better.

I've bought quite a bit of dispensary weed over the past two years, and I don't even read the labels when I go to them. I go strictly by appearance and smell......sometimes the ones I choose are "top shelf", and sometimes they are not. A source has told me more than once that many "budtenders" recommend what the facility has the most of in inventory. Not really unlike a lot of businesses.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that's a bullseye -> "recommend what the facility has the most of in inventory. Not really unlike a lot of businesses."

Hits the nail on the head. "Please buy this weed because we can't sell it."

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Or what they make the most money from.

What I trust is the resin on a roach. Says it all to me
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

My complaint is not about quality of flower so much as it is about intellectual property theft, robbing people or companies of their ideas, inventions, and creative expressions. EDIT: well dammit, I meant to post this under "Fake Seeds".

Comment

We are all growers here, not large scale growers, still, growers. What i trust in is my skill to grow a plant, if it is bad stock I will know. Going to dispensaries to get quality smoke is pointless when you can grow at home,(and usually better stuff), so grow on!

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
          PeterMatanzas commented
          Editing a comment
          This comment is on point, I agree 100%

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X