How to know when my purple punch is ready to be harvested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to know when my purple punch is ready to be harvested

This is an outdoor grow. Planted April1st. This is our 1st grow. This is an auto. It is an indica variety. It is called Purple Punch. Need to know if this is ready to harvest.

Nice looking flower. However, if you started it in April I seriously doubt it is an auto, but rather a photo plant. Should be ready to go soon, like a week or two.

Comment

You are probably right about it being a photo as opposed to an auto. We keep reading about looking for amber trichomes in regards to harvest readiness. But I am not seeing any of those yet. What other signs of readiness should I be watching for over the next 1-2 weeks? We have 2 of these beauties that will soon be ready to harvest and the smell is getting quite strong. Thank you very much for your input.
      Last edited by pinkgirl; 10-02-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        The trichomes don't have to be amber but imo only the trichomes are going to tell you when it's ready. And "ready" is a personal preference. Take a small bud off when the trichomes are cloudy, smoke that, is that effect what you prefer? If not, wait, as you see trichomes become amber try another bud. In the morning I want an "early" bud, a lifting effect (where the trichomes were cloudy but not amber). At night I'll probably prefer an amber harvest for the couch lock effect.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X