Simple grow room gadgets that make you life easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple grow room gadgets that make you life easier

Show us some simple grow room gadgets that you have either made or found that make your grow room or outside grow a bit easier. Here is one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-10-2-5A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	490.3 KB ID:	540240

Water vacuum attachment for the shop vac. 2 x 5 gal plastic buckets with lid. In lid cut a hole for vacuum hose and for .5 inch vinyl tube. First bucket goes inside the second bucket. Turn on vacuum and use vinyl hose to suction out runoff water. Why 2 buckets? Because if you use 1 and the temp is above 70 ish the bucket will collapse from the suction. Putting the first bucket inside a second one prevents this.
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 10-02-2021, 09:12 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

BTW- this can be used as an engine oil vacuum if you are working on a boat or similar machine.

Comment

At the top of the list is my bud spinner, it’s priceless come harvest time. If anything would ever happen to it I’d have to buy another right away without question. No way I’d go back to hand trimming everything again

Im only on my first grow using AutoPots and asking myself why I let this system set for so long before actually using it. I upgraded to a 25 gallon slim line trashcan for a reservoir and added a rain barrel tap so I can shut the system down at the source if needed.

Wanted to add that since I added the 25 gallon reservoir I spend less than 5min in my grow room per day. I’ve been adding 16 gallons of water to the reservoir every Sunday. Add my nutes, ph it then I’m done for the week. My lights come on at 5pm so I go down around 6ish, take a peak inside the tent to make sure everything is on and operating properly, check the ph in the reservoir real quick just because I’m anal about ph then that’s it. I’m telling ya. EZPZ

Work smarter not harder my stoner friends
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-03-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Poppa
        Poppa commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an innate need to be busy doing something productive every day it's what my daughter calls my ADHD. When I worked for a living I'd always say work smarter not harder when when finding the most efficient way to do a job/project. Now when friends or family ask why I did something a certain way I reply "Cause I'm Lazy". I can see where it could be quicker or more efficient to use a trim bag or bowl. But for me the spending 8 hours on average setting on my ass listening to music while hand trimming allows me to sleep at night knowing I've had another productive day on Earth. For reference and understanding let me say I learned back in 2010 or 11 my mentality shifted when I came face to face with the fact I will die from complications or from a side affect of COPD I would toss and turn at night mentally beating myself up anytime I was healthy but unproductive for wasting one of my remaining days. I'll end by saying I DO NOT plan to go any where soon and hope to be around and productive for another 10 years or so if lucky. We all have our own way of doing things.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you all feel better. I’m not sorry my spinner got you all worked up

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        I think sometimes the answer to how to trim is- it depends. The last harvest I did, hand trimming was best due to the beautiful buds that were formed in some amazing shapes that I wanted to preserve, and did not need any trimming at the tops. The next harvest coming, the buds have almost no sugar on the sugar leaves, but plenty of them and are already a uniform shape. These would be ideal for a bowl trimmer.

An inspiring story Poppa . I can relate. Thank you for sharing. Best wishes and good health to you.

My simple gadget is a garden sprayer. I use 2.5 gallon sprayer for watering. Makes life much easier in regards to pulling pots out, reaching around plants to water. The wand is around 18" and has a 3' hose. It's also nice that it has measurements on the side. This way I can keep track of how much water each plant is getting.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
        Jimmynuetron commented
        Editing a comment
        These work great empty, for bubbling up your compost tea.

Growing has presented various challenges that prompted me to make different things to fill the need. Most of these I drew in ACAD and then 3D printed. I’ll make a few posts as trying to post multiple images with labels just wasn’t working for me

Here are rings for drip watering, currently I have them attached to modified soda bottles that are hung along the side walls of the tent. I have 4”, 6” & 8” versions for different size containers with either 90° & 45° inlets.

Last edited by Phlash; 10-02-2021, 10:13 PM.
      Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
      Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
      Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
      Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
      Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one

A few different sized lst clips.
      Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

Mounting adapters for grow tent poles.
        Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

This is what I use in my cloning bucket it’s inspired by a Dewey mister, it utilizes air to move the water instead of a hydraulic pump, I chose this instead to minimize clogging and thermal creep.

The single bubbler works well in a 5gal pail, I’ve used the bucket and have had excellent results, usually 14 days or so for strong root growth with either seeds once germinated or clone stock, when it comes to clones time is definitely impacted by how high up the stock is taken so of course there is some variation.

The trough is the newest version that I’m working on, I’m trying to get things sorted early before the next grow cycle.

When filled, either system can lose a gallon of liquid through evaporation and still function, of course prolonged aeration and evaporation will require ph adjustments but this holds true for all methods utilizing a system that includes a reservoir.

Also shown are rooting cube holders along with light covers set into the bucket lid
          Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            My buddy’s had a 3D printer a while now and he’s starting to get good with it. Nice work 👍🏻 I already told the wife I wanted one for Christmas so we’ll see lol

• Phlash
            Phlash commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, the printer does come in handy when you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, or when you can find it but they’re just charging just too much for the product or need it quickly. If you think you’re going to get one, familiarize yourself with the design software you’re going to use if you plan on making custom items. Good luck on the present

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Yea my boy has really gotten into since he figured out the design software. He’s made a few simple things I won’t mention I told him he should patent lol the precision is crazy. If these were around 20yrs ago been a sweet trip to eat some shrooms then sit back and watch the printer make something 😂

Hello,
          im hooked on this watering wand (liquid transfer pump) that was highlighted at GWE. I also am hooked on the trimming machine that bboy mentioned above.
          Attached Files
          2x4 AC Infinity tent
          Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
          FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
          AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

Like I wrote above, a trim bag or a similar device is a matter of personal preference. I do not want my buds rolling around against each other and the side of the bag or the hard walls of a device, it is abrasive and it is inevitable kief will be lost. How do you capture the kief that fell off the buds? <---- The kief that the buyer is not going to get. If the product works as well as it's advertised trimmers would be out of a job overnight, and that's not happening.

EDIT: Let's not misinterpret something here. I am not attacking those who use trim bags. I'm attacking the bags.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              maybe ok for home growers but losing the crystals off buds reduces the bag appeal for buyers. EDIT: I guess the device could have a tray underneath the spinning buds but still .. those are crystals the buyer isn't going to get. Those are crystals I want in my own smoke, too.

here's an old school cure, buds that haven't been rolled around in a sack or device. A personal preference here, I don't want buds that look like they're shaved because I know I've lost trichomes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ii.PNG
Views:	745
Size:	749.5 KB
ID:	540417

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Trimming is like a hair cut, everyone has their preferred style.

So don’t use a bud spinner. Pretty sure this post is about devices you like and why. Not to be a dickhead and shit on the ones others do

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              In Logic 101 there is a fallacy known as "argumentum ad hominem", or "argument agains the man". This is generally based on the assumption that anything which discredits a man discredits his argument. This fallacy is under the general category of Fallacies of Irrelevance.

This is used by people who attack the person rather than their opinion. See my previous post about attacking the issue not the person. Defend your opinion if you can.

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              Should read "argument against the man"

I edited my post. My love of harvesting a plant in an hour instead of a day seemed to have got a few members panties in a bunch. Sorry! Possibly now they’ll ADD something to the discussion instead of shitting on what others use 🤞

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd have to say plant size is going to tell me if I'm going to harvest in an hour or day. Usually, it's an hour. I don't grow trees.

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              Passive/aggressive behavior here

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Specify PeterMatanzas , please. Who's passive/aggressive?

Trimming is like a hair cut, everyone has their preferred style.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              True! I’ve seen that dude on a few other forum post shitting on someone else but never bringing anything useful to the conversation themselves. Strikes a nerve

bboyfromwayback

Your posts:

One post desribed hand trimming as a "dummy" move. You edited this post and deleted that comment.

Your other post: "Work smarter not harder my stoner friends"

You started the name calling and you continue to do so. Now it's "dickheads". You think that someone who disagrees with your technique is a "dummy". Instead, your opinion is self-centered. Open up and acknowledge you aren't always right. You don't have to be "always right", bro. But if that makes you feel better just continue.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
              PeterMatanzas commented
              Editing a comment
              bboyfromwayback And you are posting comments about my contribution to this website that are clearly out of bounds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X