Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trimming tactics. Whats your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming tactics. Whats your preference?

So I was curious as to the different methods folks use to keep scissors from gumming up during fresh and dried trimming? I've heard high proof alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, olive oil, vegetable oil... Which is most efficient, and which is preferred by those who indulge in the final product? Also, are there better ways? Thanks!

That's what we call 'scissor hash' Fishmiser . Let the blades get caked until they get hard to use. Take a razor blade and scrape off what you can. If you wash with ISO, you'll lose it. But 91% ISO is a quick cleaner.
    Whatever you coat your scissors with will wind up on your bud. However long you plan on drying and curing, oils can go rancid.
    Weed is a gateway drug to people's hearts and minds.
    2x3x4.5
    3x3x6
    HLG 360 Elite
    Vipar Spectra 350
    Sunlight
    In coco 10/01
    5 gal fabric
    (2) GDP
    (2) G13
    (1) Zkittlez
    (1) 'Marigold'
    Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
    Dyna Gro Foliage
    Dyna Gro Bloom
    CalMag

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with Gingerbeard on the use of razors blades (utility knife blades actually) for fisker cleaning.
      What I'm looking for is method to scrape the inside of my jars. My jarred GG4 has already left a sticky film in the jars from shaking them trying to separate "glued" together buds I've tried a razor blade clamped in a set of hemostats without great success. Not into edibles, so not interested in say using alcohol etc. in the jars.
      Last edited by GreenState; 10-01-2021, 09:40 AM.

Thanks for the info. So a good scrape with a razor, then a dunk in the iso, and repeat?..yeah nothing changed from 20 years ago. Still a sticky icky pain every 10 minutes. With the high proof alcohol, (1 set soaks until other pair gums up), makes a good tincture by the end of day... Or week... Or month... Oils the same way make a good rub, but you are right about the residue staying on buds.

Comment

All I do is scrape during trimming. They only gets ISO'd when I have to trim my moustache. Don't laugh. Fiscars work great.
      Weed is a gateway drug to people's hearts and minds.
      2x3x4.5
      3x3x6
      HLG 360 Elite
      Vipar Spectra 350
      Sunlight
      In coco 10/01
      5 gal fabric
      (2) GDP
      (2) G13
      (1) Zkittlez
      (1) 'Marigold'
      Mother Earth Coco and Perlite
      Dyna Gro Foliage
      Dyna Gro Bloom
      CalMag

Comment

I've always used acetone as my go to scissor cleaner. For me it seems to do a much better job than alcohol. Plus I get gallons of it for free.

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheap is good, Free is better.

Have you looked into a cannabrush? I'm giving it a try on my next harvest. Buds come out beautiful and very little work. (Dry Trim)
        "I can't stop thinking big, I can't stop thinking big. In a world where I feel so small. I can't stop thinking big." Caravan | RUSH
        GWE4ME

Comment

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Call Boss! I've used the cannabrush for the last two sessions in trim jail and I love it. Folks get annoyed when they use it incorrectly, you've gotta dry properly first so the little sugar leaves are brittle enough to snap when brushed. Makes quick work of the most tedious fine trimming.

I'm astounded at how little resin sticks to the Cannabrush "fingers" I brush the buds over a trim bin and end up with a pile of golden dust keif as a reward.

Worth watching the CannaBrush YT videos.

• Smoklahoma
          Smoklahoma commented
          Editing a comment
          I am buying one of those after work today.

Will have to look that up. Canna brush?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X